Trade Embiid or Simmons? Or stay the course.

resilient part 2

On 8/23/2020 at 3:54 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

A friend of mine suggested this. I don’t think it’s enough.

Nurkic

Gary Trent 

2020 1st round pick

2022 1st round pick 

for 

Embiid.

Eh, getting filler back to downgrade to Nurkic. I'll pass.

I think Ben and Embiid can fit together and the issue is the rest of the team building, but if I had to choose one I would go with Embiid. He is the perfect type of 5 in today's NBA meanwhile Ben Simmons can't shoot to save his life which definitely limits his potential. You have to build a team around Simmons specifically for him meanwhile Embiid is more flexible.

7 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

I think Ben and Embiid can fit together and the issue is the rest of the team building, but if I had to choose one I would go with Embiid. He is the perfect type of 5 in today's NBA meanwhile Ben Simmons can't shoot to save his life which definitely limits his potential. You have to build a team around Simmons specifically for him meanwhile Embiid is more flexible.

Embiid really isn't that flexible at all either, though.

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

how would Embiid fit with that type of team? would he or the warriors want that?

I'm sure the warriors could find a way to make alterations to accommodate talent. Embiid can shoot the 3, just doesn't do it often. He's be a better Andrew Bogut for them.

On 8/24/2020 at 1:07 PM, NYRaider said:

Boston receives: Jusuf Nurkic, Anfernee Simons

Philadelphia receives: CJ McCollum, Trevor Ariza, Gary Trent Jr,  2020 1st round pick, 2022 1st round pick 

Portland receives: Joel Embiid, Josh Richardson, Marcus Smart 

I don't think Boston does that

They need a better offensive star to pair with Embiid if they're going to contend. Simmons can be a nice third piece but unless he improves drastically as a scorer/shooter they're not going to get much further than they have. 

2 minutes ago, amac said:

They need a better offensive star to pair with Embiid if they're going to contend. Simmons can be a nice third piece but unless he improves drastically as a scorer/shooter they're not going to get much further than they have. 

I'd consider moving Simmons in a deal for Bradley Beal, but I don't know if the Wizards would be interested.