Monster Village Mafia - The Village is destroyed, Werewolves win!

rackcs

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I never advocated No Lynch. I simply presented it as an option while trying to sort out what the best move was. To try and equivocate that to Matts, who was directly CCing Pickle, is absurd. Matts and Malf had significantly more information than I did about the situation--I know what I would have done in their situation, and it sure as **** wasn't back down. The fact that they had the most info out of anyone but weren't pushing the pedal to the floor over it was sketchy as hell and any Townie worth their salt should be skeptical of blindly following that. If not for new information from the Night 1 writeup making it unlikely (but not impossible) Malf and Matts are scum based on the factional name, I would likely be pushing them today.

How rude. It turned out I was the one that was right. But I pushed no lynch for 2 reason. 

1. Self perseverance. 

2. Pickle was losing his ish and I thought he might draw an invest. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Squire's consistent pushes on inactives makes me highly wary. I can't remember a time where he's ever done that. Especially with regards to KSJ, where that is a complete and total null tell, and I know that he's played in enough games with KSJ to know that. 

Even that single interaction with Malf seems sketchy.

Agreed.  Pushing inactives is fine on its own, but when we have a CC claim to sort through and he offers no other reads, it's sketchy as hell.

57 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I have pushed for inactives more than you probably recall.  

Your resistance to consider inactives as a push at this point today is interesting

How is that?  We have people claiming they were blocked, someone now saying that they targeted Orca, and an admitted monster.  Going after inactives at that point is dumb.

24 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because you are a werewolf 

Possibly.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

ngl the possibility of a second scum faction whose thing is recruitment is worrying me. Don't want to let Town get sidetracked by possibilities when we have a known Vampire Mafia faction though, and I don't think Malf and Matts are in that group.

Something just occurred to me, I'm gonna check the Day 1 vote counts again.

It bothers me too.  Who would you think is the recruiter?  Dracula?  Another monster?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So - still don't know what my role is, but I followed on my "use my move on whoever ends up 3rd in voting"

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

@MWil23, pls read.

I assume that section?

Mwil ignore best part!

mwil dont want to talk about josh!

Have cottagers been given eyes?!

@Daboyle who are you? Reveal yourself unless you are evil monster coward!

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Say bruh... I got a Cat 4 'cane bearing down on me. I gotta get my booze, water and shotgun shells, and also picked up a Popeyes Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I don't know if my dystopian water-based future will have those beautiful sandwiches, so I had to get it while I could.

So - still don't know what my role is, but I followed on my "use my move on whoever ends up 3rd in voting" and turned in a move to Joshtra. *All I got back was a PM saying bcb.

* I have a very specific protocol on sending/receiving PMs for a game without checking my role. It involves sending a 2nd PM to the host, listed as "move PM". Through there, I submit moves and check responses.

I didn't understand the response... so my initial reaction is to kill it. Bcb and Josh are linked in some way, possibly bad.

@MWil23, pls read.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Has nothing to do with my target.  Just verified. Josh is a Blocker if et is to be believed . Whether that makes him town or scum I don't know 

BCB being blocked and the scum hit still going through lowers the chance he is scum at least by a little bit. 

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Mwil ignore best part!

mwil dont want to talk about josh!

The fact that you were so quick to know that he was referencing Josh, who didn't finish 3rd in voting, made me go back and look at your interactions/lack thereof, especially considering the wording that he used. Josh may very well be scum and have blocked BCB, which is what it appears. You may also just have a great memory and remember ET telegraphing his move, when Josh was in all actuality third at the time.

@JoshstraDaymus, why did you block BCB?

13 minutes ago, Blue said:
26 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you're town, vote for Malf 

ohhhh

I think I get what you're getting at.

Explain it to me, because it seems he is softing an invest on Malf. But I would love for him to verbalize that. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How rude. It turned out I was the one that was right. But I pushed no lynch for 2 reason. 

1. Self perseverance. 

2. Pickle was losing his ish and I thought he might draw an invest. 

Hrm. I'm assuming you meant self-preservation, but we needed to at least try to get some info out of that phase--and investing Pickle instead of getting his alignment right away feels like a waste of time for the Cop to me. Cop should be checking out null reads and letting threadplay sort out everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Agreed.  Pushing inactives is fine on its own, but when we have a CC claim to sort through and he offers no other reads, it's sketchy as hell.

How is that?  We have people claiming they were blocked, someone now saying that they targeted Orca, and an admitted monster.  Going after inactives at that point is dumb.

Possibly.

It bothers me too.  Who would you think is the recruiter?  Dracula?  Another monster?

I doubt either Vampires or a potential werewolf faction (if that's what that second kill was) have a recruit in addition to a kill; if they did, it would have to be %age based and obviously the Vamps didn't get a chance to do that with their killer going N1. Whether we see another Vamp kill N2, let alone the other creature kill, will be telling. Theoretically, vampires have mesmerism abilities, so a Vamp could have an X-shot Mentor or cult recruit ability to add a limited number of players to their faction, but we would then be looking at a 2-3 man start for their faction in a game this size unless they're the only scum, in which case they may have started with 4-5 members. That's a whoooooole lot of speculation based on nothing but lore Rack may or may not have used.

If we're really going to investigate a cult angle, Dr. Frankenstein reviving someone as a member of his faction makes a lot of sense. Some sort of Siren or Harpy role, perhaps. Enchantments by a wizard or warlock aren't out of the question, but it feels like a pretty big stretch to call them a 'monster' (although Rack was a witch, so who knows). The Pied Piper is along the same lines of plausible fairy tale but not really fitting the 'monster' theme. I feel like I'm forgetting a creature that makes sense, but there aren't a ton of options I can think of.

At this point, I'm not worried too much about a possible cult. Feels like we could get really off-track from scum-hunting chasing a bogeyman.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

BCB being blocked and the scum hit still going through lowers the chance he is scum at least by a little bit. 

We already knew he wasn't the Vampire factional kill. Frankly all we have here is Bcb swearing he was blocked. Even if Josh confirms he targeted bcb, we don't actually know what Josh did.

Just now, Forge said:

We'll see

I just told Malfypoo to claim. Because you all are being sooooooo foooooolish to the hints. And you cant move on after being told multiple times I have seen his role pm and the host very clearly explained in discord how he is town. He said maybe later. 

Trust me, my first PM to the host when the game started was "Frankenstein's monster role should be scum and trying to kill me". His response was "Thats funny that you think I read literature". And then I hopped on discord and read his convo with Malf that cleared him. 

Think of the relationship between malf and myself as father/son dynamic, not Dr/monster.