Shocking: the Bears have kicker problems

beardown3231

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Well, hell. Why don't we just say perhaps this year could be his start to a hall of fame career.

We could. You're absolutely right. Many kickers have good careers when they're older. All I'm saying is that I'm not going to sign Hauschka to replace Pineiro when Hauschka is old & was bad last season

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I think this move has more to do with Piniero's health than anything. He was good last year before he got injured. 

A PK with a groin problem requires some concern all season long.  IMHO it was good thinking to sign Santos especially with an expanded PS roster.  Plus he's been here before when he had his own groin injury issue so he knows the lay of the land.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

He was genuinely good in KC and was widely talked about in the league as the next big kicker and then got injured... I think he can supplant Pinero here or at least give him a fight for the job.

If he performs well (85% or better) then you let him keep the job until he blows it. I say that as a staunch Pineiro supporter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

He was genuinely good in KC and was widely talked about in the league as the next big kicker and then got injured... I think he can supplant Pinero here or at least give him a fight for the job.

Yup, as Shane posted.  Will Pinero even get his job back if Santos keeps takin' care of business.  But.....nothing wrong with having two PKs around especially when both have had previous groin issues.

• Like 1

What I think will happen is that when EP15 is done with his 3-week stint on IR - CS2 will get cut. He's a vested veteran, so he doesn't have to go through waivers and can go back on the PS. That will protect the team from someone potentially claiming EP15 if/when he gets cut, allowing the bears to not lose a kicker that they have a vested interest in.

Titans have kicking problems.  Bears made all their kicks.  

And OT, but Fangio lost that game and it wasn’t just mistakes at very end like everyone is talking about.  The whole 4th quarter was a cluster and several things before that.   That was just a terrible job all the way around aside from defensive game plan which was excellent.   Except for typical Fangio giving up a first down on 3rd and forever on a screen.  I don’t know why he does that.  He never seems to learn.     

No way Denver should have lost that game.   Way, way worse than Patricia did all things considered and Patricia is getting raked over coals.

You guys think Nagy has bad playing calling?  Denver says hold my beer. 

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Eddie might lose his gig. Santos was a legit kicker before injuries robbed him of a couple of seasons.

He was right down the middle on all of these kicks.

I was just going to post the same thing in this thread. Santos looked better to me than Pineiro. Everything he hit was clean and split the uprights.