Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Now do Cam Sims so we can keep Inman lol

I’m excited that it looks like Gibson will get a true shot to be our starting RB, and the cutting of Peterson makes me think that Gibson showed enough to make this happen. Coaches & Beat reporters have been gushing over Gibson all month, and that’s promising.

The way I see it is that Gibson showed so well that he made Adrian freakin Peterson expendable and that’s amazing. I’ve heard that Gibson has shown to be one of those rare type of players that can make cuts without losing much or any speed. 

I’ve heard that coaches/beat reporters have seen Turner use Gibson & McKissic in a role like Christian McCaffery and they’ve seen Turner use Steven Sims in the way that Turner used Curtis Samuel, which is also exciting.

It sucks to lose Peterson, but this is an exciting development for our future IMO.

Also, I think it’s very unlikely that Peterson is picked up by another team. So, if week 1 our running game looks truly awful, they can always cut Barber or someone else and bring Peterson back sometime in September or during the season.

Getting upset if Cam Sims should be cut is not in the same wheelhouse. Cam Sims has never shown he has the capability to be a starting WR. Inman has, we need a reliable #2 who runs good routes, gets open and can be where Haskins expects him to be on a play. From everything I’ve read/heard, Inman has been that as he’s shown he can be in the past when he was healthy and given the chance.

If Cam Sims gets cut he can be put on the practice squad rather easily IMO. This is not in the ballpark of cutting Adrian Peterson.

Edited by turtle28

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s what we do. Didn’t we cut Zach Pascal? Keeping 5 RBs is beyond stupid and it just makes no sense that we drafted Antonio Gibson after signing McKissic. They basically cancel each other out. Bostic is a bum, we all know this. KPL is basically camp fodder. None of them are anywhere near as talented as Foster. Signing Inman was just stupid as well.

This whole off-season has been a joke save for Chase Young. I have not been impressed at all. This is what happens when you blow money on scrap heap players. This is why I complained all during free agency. And I’m still pissed about Hooper. Tons of money to spend and we wasted it on junk. And Alex Smith, just cut him. If you aren’t going to use the cap space for anything just cut him now and absorb the deal. Why are we wasting a roster spot for a guy that is never going to be what he once was and what he once was wasn’t even that good? We approached the off-season like we were coming off a 13-3 super bowl appearance and just needed depth and now we’re hoping Geron Christian can play LT and apparently LG is a mess. Who woulda thunk it? Couldn’t possibly pay Flowers $10M a year though so instead we created a hole next to a crater sized hole on the offensive line with a young QB playing behind it. Sigh. Whatever. Same old crap. 

I seem to remember us keeping this guy named Steven Sims, have you heard of him?

Who here was upset Zach Pascal got cut? Career 68 recs, 875 yds & 7 TDs.

That’s like getting all worked up bc we didn’t re-sign Ryan Grant.

Would I like Pascal to be here and to be competing to be our #2 or 3, yeah, sure I guess but I don’t think he’s better than Steve Sims for example who I think is going to put up Curtis Samuel type numbers like 54 recs, 630 yds & 6 TDs.

Was Pascal a big miss/end of the world miss? No, no he wasn’t.

I don’t really remember anyone being upset he was cut, kind of an out of left field example.

They lose money if they cut Alex Smith, I believe he’ll cost $9 million against the cap and also, I know you don’t give a crap but it’d also be bad PR for a team that really can’t afford it right now. Alex has been an inspiration to the team, he’s helped Haskins out immensely to get to where he his, being a second QB coach. There’s no reason to cut Alex Smith.

I agree they should’ve kept Flowers, I also think Flowers got overpaid. They are hoping to sign a long term deal with Brandon Scherff. In thinking about the future you can’t have two guards making top dollar ($25 million a year) especially when in the next few years you’re going to have a lot of this young developing core that will need new contracts like the young DL, Terry and hopefully/eventually Haskins proves he deserves a new contract 3 years from now and looks like our franchise QB.

They’re giving Gerron Christian a chance and from everything I’ve heard, Christian has met the challenge and has looked pretty good during practices. Once again, I’m excited to hear that. I see no reason to get upset bc a young LT prospect we had took Rivera’s words seriously, has worked his tail off - similar to Haskins & others - has come in to August practices in good shape and has looked good.

How is that anything but exciting? How is the fact that Antonio Gibson has looked so good this August that he made Adrian Peterson expendable exciting?

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Peterson’s statement basically said Gibson fits this system so well and they drafted him for a reason. Looks like Gibson may be the guy. Figures he would play more WR, all changed now with AP cut

Peterson put out a statement saying that? Or something eluding to it?

I’m excited to see Gibson, I’ve heard great thing about him. Definitely sad to see Peterson go, but Gibson must have really been impressive for this to happen.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Peterson put out a statement saying that? Or something eluding to it?

I’m excited to see Gibson, I’ve heard great thing about him. Definitely sad to see Peterson go, but Gibson must have really been impressive for this to happen.

Josina Anderson quoted him in a series of tweets a little while ago. A couple of the tweets are below (it’s a series of 4). It definitely suggests that Gibson is gonna be the guy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Josina Anderson quoted him in a series of tweets a little while ago. A couple of the tweets are below (it’s a series of 4). It definitely suggests that Gibson is gonna be the guy. 

Yeah, I just heard it on the radio. Had to go and get my first pair of glasses 🤓. I’ve needed glasses for long distance for years, like a decade, maybe even 15 years and have put it off but I couldn’t pass the vision test for renewing my drivers license so I had to finally get them.

Explaining how the NFL waiver wire works

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2020/9/4/21419969/nfl-waiver-wire-rules-2020-which-team-has-top-priority-claims-order

Just in case anyone wants the waiver wire works when players are cut tomorrow at 4 pm or before for players with less that 4 years of accrued seasons.

We have the #2 spot for waiver claims bc we had the 2nd worst record last year. It means we may be able to upgrade & get a better starting WR opposite Terry or a better answer at LG. 

If a veteran has 4 years of accrued seasons then they become a free agent right away and we may be able to get a veteran that way also but those players can sign anywhere so, if they’re an average starter and are a free agent they may not choose to sign with us bc they’ll want to go to a team that has a better chance to make the playoffs.

So, I know some like E & Lavar don’t want to hear this but I really think they’re going to cut Reuben Foster tomorrow and then bc we are 2nd on the waiver wire, we’ll claim him and put him on IR with the hopes of putting him on the roster in the second half of the season.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, I know some like E & Lavar don’t want to hear this but I really think they’re going to cut Reuben Foster tomorrow and then bc we are 2nd on the waiver wire, we’ll claim him and put him on IR with the hopes of putting him on the roster in the second half of the season.

It doesn't work like that,53 isn't set to Monday if you claim someone you have to cut someone else.

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yep, they’ve both flashed in camp, they’re younger and they fit the 4-3 better than Anderson. Also, have to keep in mind that Rivera drafted Smith-Williams.

I’ve heard Brailford’s name especially though through out camp. Either guy could also be put on the practice squad too.

25 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

It doesn't work like that,53 isn't set to Monday if you claim someone you have to cut someone else.

Even if you’re putting Foster on IR? You’d still have to cut someone to make room? Well maybe they’ll do that then. I hope they keep Foster wether it’s as a 7th LB who’s inactive most - if not all of the year - or if they put him on IR. Either way, I don’t think they should give up on his talent so soon.