Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That is a surprise cut, but we all kind of saw it coming bc of how well Apke was was playing in camp and Curl who Rivera just drafted. Sucks to lose Davis, but it’s exciting to have one of the youngest FS tandems in the league with a lot of upside. I’ve said for months I wish Allen/Callahan had had enough sense to cut Nicholson last Nov when the girl OD’d at his house and had started Apke the rest of the year so we had known more of what we had in him going into this offseason, but it’s exciting development to me.

Foster to IR makes sense. I like the move, but I still think they should have just kept him on PUP instead of taking him off PUP during camp. That decision didn’t make sense to me, but it is what is, at least he’ll still be on the team for now.

Two years on IR in a row? That's not good for his long-term prospects as an NFL player

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I might’ve said Apke sucked at the time he was drafted but I also said they should give him the chance to start this year, which I’m sure you can find in my post history, and I was immediately given crap for it. 

I really don’t remember you giving Apke much of a chance. I mean I’m pretty sure you were one of the few who thought he should get cut before last season.

Anyway, it really doesn’t matter now. I’m glad he’s seemed to have gotten it and things have clicked for him going into his 3rd year. Hopefully it shows up on the field this year with him bc we all know he has the natural athletic ability and I think he’s really smart. 

Seems to me once he got better coaching, it really helped him take the next step in his development, that’s good thing. I hope he’s the answer for us at FS bc we’ve needed a long term answer at FS for over a decade.

Edited by turtle28

38 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm confused at our WRs

This is not something to get upset about. He’s always been more hype than substance.

I think they liked the steadiness of Inman as a reliable vet WR as a #2 option.

Maybe Isaiah Wright really showed a lot like some have predicted. Maybe he’s our Steven Sims of this season. 

I bet they sign a veteran on the waiver wire. They probably have someone in mind already. 

Cam Sims & Quinn can be put on our practice squad if other teams don’t pick them up on waivers.

Edited by turtle28

20 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Players cut so far: RB Adrian Peterson, WR Darvin Kidsy, S Sean Davis, OL Timon Parris, OL Ross Pierschbacher, QB Steven Montez, WR Trey Quinn, TE Hale Hentges, DL Ryan Bee, S Jeremy Reaves

Take Adrian Peterson off that list, add Cam Sims on it and that looks like a practice squad right there.

11 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I wouldn’t mind bringing H Butler in. Just wondering why he was released. 

I mean the cardinals have Hopkins, Fitz, Kirk, Isabella, Kesean Johnson, and some other rooks at wide receiver

Butler pretty much missed all of last year with a hand injury he got in camp. With the lack of offseason he couldn’t catch up to the other guys. 

I would take a flyer on him as our last receiver. Gotta feeling we look at Sanu 

Edited by LoganF89

10 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I wouldn’t mind bringing H Butler in. Just wondering why he was released. 

Maybe all he is is a name. I get the apprehension about our receivers, but more often than not over the years when we’ve gotten upset when about a certain WR being cut, the guys we’ve kept over that WR ended up being better than the ones we let go. Ryan Grant & Steven Sims are perfect examples of this. I trust that they have a plan. They either really love Isaiah Wright or they have someone else who’s going to be cut that they want to sign. We’ve all already heard since they signed Inman has great of a route runner he’s been and reliable for Haskins, so he’s probably the 3rd guy after Terry & S. Sims.

5 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I mean the cardinals have Hopkins, Fitz, Kirk, Isabella, Kesean Johnson, and some other rooks at wide receiver

Butler pretty much missed all of last year with a hand injury he got in camp. With the lack of offseason he couldn’t catch up to the other guys. 

I would take a flyer on him as our last receiver. Gotta feeling we look at Sanu 

Sanu can’t get open, he doesn’t get separation from what I’ve heard which was an issue for Tom Brady last year after they traded for him. I think Inman gives us more than Sanu does but, you could be right.

I think taking a flyer in Hakeem Butler makes sense too.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Two years on IR in a row? That's not good for his long-term prospects as an NFL player

Did Jaylon Smith spend two seasons on IR? Or did he play in spot duty in his second year back from his knee injury?

I can’t remember.

I also can’t remember about Sean Spence too. Spence may have spent two years on IR before he could come back and be a back up WLB for the Steelers.