2017 Season 1/4 Over: Moving Forward

vike daddy

Diggs: "Stuff is going to happen, adversity is going to hit, and it’s all about how you bounce back.”

Rudolph: “This team is never going to give up. The fight that we have in this locker room is incredible. We’ve still got two division games in a row coming up. If we make it through this stretch 2-1, I think everybody would take that. The good thing is that we’ve got a lot of football left in front of us. That last time we were in the playoffs, we were 2-2 going into Week 5 as well.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Miscues-Turnovers-Hamper-Vikings-Offense-in-Loss-to-Lions/48f2c3b5-5239-4897-a4e1-04f5db5e39b5?sf118158007=1

I'm glad the Vikings aren't going to quit after 4 games, and tank for a high draft choice.  :)

But I'm not sure about some Vikings fans.  I'm worried they're going to quit now that they're only 2-2.   >:(

I say "when the going gets tough, the tough get going." 

And, did America quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Heck no!  :|

So, let's get out there and support our team.  Let's get behind McKinnon and the other RB; y'know; what's his name.

Gavin_Macleod+as+Murray+slaughter.jpg

Who's with me?  C'mon!!!  Let's GO!

The Vikings have been very healthy, they've just had two big losses in Bradford and Cook. Keenum has done a decent job, but ultimately MN is 1-2 with him under center. Bradford needs to return to the lineup ASAP but if his knee is too much to overcome, Teddy may get his chance to salvage the season.

im worried about not having a run game. Things were looking good offensively, very balanced. I'm excited about the passing game, Diggs and Thielen have been a pleasure to watch. Will the passing game be good enough to setup the run and ultimately keep drives moving? 

OL looks much better compared to last year. Though the interior line still has me worried, hopefully Easton and Elflein keep improving. 

On the bright side, we still get to play the Bengals, Browns and Ravens, who all look terrible, plus two games against Chicago.

Im sticking with my 8-8 prediction. 

Just now, VikeManDan said:

A lot of ball left. Hopefully Bradford is under center against the Bears and Murray can do just enough to keep defenses honest. I've had enough of McKinnon as an RB and a KR. 

I'm with you on McKinnon. I'd be looking to trade an extra WR for a RB if Cook is out for awhile. 

56 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We are a passing team, so once Bradford comes back, we should be in decent shape. 

Can’t lose any more home games. 

but the loss of Cook cannot be overstated. he helped balance this offense. Murray is okay, but he's an obvious downgrade at the position.

I would've liked to start the season 3-1, and losing to a divisional opponent is always tough.

@Chicago

vs Green Bay

vs Baltimore

@ Cleveland (in London)

we should go 3-1 here, but I think 2-2 is a safe bet. 

I think there are aspects of the Vikings team that have been playing better than expected, I think there are parts of the Vikings team which remind  us where there are still needs. And I think that Detroit is much better than in previous years. That said, still should have won yesterday, being 3-1 is a whole lot better than 2-2. Then again, we have the same record as the Patriots with arguably as tough a schedule (not sure on those numbers for sure) starting against New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Detroit, there aren't any terrible teams in that group.

Win @Chicago I think things will feel better. Most early on likely would have predicted a 3-2 start with losses at Chicago and at Pittsburgh. Beat up a Chicago team severely lacking talent starting a rookie QB will help. Of course losing Cook this early puts a damper on the outlook of the season, we need Bradford and Murray to play well and stay healthy.

57 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

We are more talented than the Bears, but I think Bears win at solider. Our passing offense rating peaked after week 3, and I think we continually drop to slightly below average. That's due to the Cook effect in my opinion

Well considering it was near-perfect that game, I'm not sure why you'd expect otherwise

33 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Well considering it was near-perfect that game, I'm not sure why you'd expect otherwise

I think Diggs and Thielen have done more for the passing game than any other player. These two have been phenomenal. As long as Murray can force defenses to be honest and stay around that 4 ypc mark, I think the Vikes can still be a balanced team. 

The Vikings have seen a number of standout performances on both sides of the ball through the first four games of the 2017 season, but according to NFL.com, a trio of players on Minnesota’s roster have stood out above the rest.

The website recently released its quarter season All-Pro team, a list that included Vikings wide receiver Stefon Diggs, defensive end Everson Griffen and cornerback Xavier Rhodes.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Trio-of-Vikings-Make-NFLcoms-Quarter-Season-All-Pro-Team/037e5bc8-7c71-452c-80ec-6dd9aeecff00?sf119232067=1

Archived