Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

Really like this signing for the Bucs.  I didn't realize Fournette was only 25 years old.  Seems like he's been in the league so much longer than he has for some reason.  First time he's playing on an offense as a professional football player that has a true leader on offense that will hold people accountable.  I think playing with Brady does wonders for Fournette and the rest of those young guys on that roster.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Worst OL in the league is a bit much, especially as a run blocking unit. 

Well, when Ive watched Fournette I've seen a guy that lacks much burst, has questionable vision more often then not, and a guy that doesn't make anyone miss. To go with that, for a guy that's built like he is, doesn't use it. Look up how many tackles he's broken in his career and compare and it's even more eye opening.

I hope Arians somehow unlocks something with him. Maybe Brady/that much talent around him will hide some things, but he's been average at best in the NFL imo. If you want to blame everything on the OL I guess go ahead, but I can promise you the Fournette that I've watched the last few years isn't where he is because of the OL.

Edit: To go with this, the guy also can't run out of shotgun. The year is 2020 btw.

This stat is eye-popping. It's something like 69 broken tackles for his entire career. He's a 1 contact and down plodder...

he caught 76 balls last year too, but had one of the worst efficiencies in doing so among RBs that qualified...

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk about a way better deal for a RB that hasnt lived up to a 1st round pick

dont say 1st round pick, id say hasnt lived up to the #4 overall pick , true

but he has still produced as a top 12 back in the league since hes been in

the de-valuing of 1st round RBs these last few years is REAL , he would have been a 1st round RB in any draft that came after him up til now, but top 4 , nah

On 9/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, jrry32 said:

I think a lot of people are making assumptions based off of Fournette's college days. Yet again, Fournette is a good all-around HB in the passing game. He can pass block, and he's proven himself to be a solid and reliable check-down option (76 receptions in 2019). The question is how good of a runner he can be. The Jaguars OL and scheme have been somewhat problematic over the past few years. I think it's fair to wonder what he could do behind better blocking in a better scheme. Maybe he is just a grinder. Or maybe, like a bunch of talented HBs (Marshawn Lynch, Gurley, Faulk, Bettis, Ricky Williams, Thomas Jones, etc.), he'll prove that he's a better player than originally thought once he's put into the right offense. I wish the Jags had cut him back before the Draft. Part of me thinks the Rams might have scooped him up and not drafted Akers.

That's funny, because according to PFF (yeah who cares) his overall pass blocking grade for his career is like 36 point something. Absolutely atrocious by their metrics. He's never been a good pass blocker apparently. He's never been a good player at all really, just average. Can't break tackles or make people miss. Sucks getting any yards after contact. Yeah he caught a lot of passes last season, but he didn't do anything after catching the ball. He's like the Greg Robinson of runningbacks, but people give him a pass to a degree since he accumulates numbers due to playing a skill position. He was simply used a lot in Jacksonville, but the quality of the usage wasn't very good. We'll see what happens in Tampa. Sucks he hasn't worked out, because I like those old school running backs even though they are sparse in the league now. I wanted him to do well. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

That's funny, because according to PFF (yeah who cares) his overall pass blocking grade for his career is like 36 point something. Absolutely atrocious by their metrics. He's never been a good pass blocker apparently. He's never been a good player at all really, just average. Can't break tackles or make people miss. Sucks getting any yards after contact. Yeah he caught a lot of passes last season, but he didn't do anything after catching the ball. He's like the Greg Robinson of runningbacks, but people give him a pass to a degree since he accumulates numbers due to playing a skill position. He was simply used a lot in Jacksonville, but the quality of the usage wasn't very good. We'll see what happens in Tampa. Sucks he hasn't worked out, because I like those old school running backs even though they are sparse in the league now. I wanted him to do well. 

Jaguar fans are the ones who told me he can pass block. I trust them over PFF.

• Like 2

In Fournette’s first two seasons, it felt like if we were in a non-shotgun formation and he was on the field, you could guess the ball was going to him on a run or designed screen and be right just 95% of the time. And for that reason, he faced 8 or men in the box more than anyone else in the league.

I’m highly critical of Fournette and his own failures played a large role in his lack of success, but the team just also did him no favors with just horrid offense design straight out of the 1970’s. I’ll be interested in seeing how a forward thinking offense with a passing game opponents fear and at the very least a RB capable of spelling him (and RoJo probably does more than that) impacts his play on the field. 

• Like 1