Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Rojo isnt being drafted as a late round pick unless you’re playing like a 4 team league. 

im playing superflex and have been taking him around like round 5-6, i think, in my mocks. There's not a lot of mock draft options outside of the one i use, I dont think, but they always have him ranked down there

Edited by tab

16 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Fournette has run behind arguably the worst OL in the NFL, with bad QB play and mediocre offensive minds leading the way. I think people are sleeping on how talented he is.

Disagree. He may have been dealt a bad hand, but Fournette is a RB that you can get in any mid-late round draft in any given year.  

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

.......And that makes the Bucs backfield a complete mess for fantasy 

it already was a mess. the coaching staff clearly does not trust rojo. 

They played niners week 1 last year, rojo got a lot of carries late when the game was on the line, then they went away from him for several weeks. Barber was not productive but they kept giving him the first reps. 

I am avoiding that entire team in fantasy this year. hard to trust anyone on that roster

1 hour ago, N4L said:

it already was a mess. the coaching staff clearly does not trust rojo. 

They played niners week 1 last year, rojo got a lot of carries late when the game was on the line, then they went away from him for several weeks. Barber was not productive but they kept giving him the first reps. 

I am avoiding that entire team in fantasy this year. hard to trust anyone on that roster

IMO, Brady to Godwin is going to be the most dependable connection on the entire offense (it fits, not in the Brady to Edelman way, but actually in the way Brady/Gronk between the 20's used to before Gronk was taken down by the injuries.  I don't think anyone should expect Godwin to replicate close to Moss' numbers with Brady, but he can still wreck with him getting YAC off broken tackles on medium routes and crossers not dissimilar from how Deion Branch was successful, if less athletically gifted than Godwin, with Brady.

My feeling is the TE's are going to be next to impossible to predict.  For one, Arians doesn't typical scheme around them in his offense; Brady will have some counter-effect to that, but if all three of Gronk, Howard, and Brate stay healthy and available, I think we see something more akin to what we saw in the Christian Fauria/Daniel Graham/Ben Watson era for New England from Brady - by season's end they'll all have respectable stats, but (from a fantasy perspective) it's going to be nearly impossible to predict who is the one that goes off week-to-week.

7 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Ingram is 30. That's like 65 for rbs. Fournette is 25 and can run as a power back and receive at least as good as ingram.

You're not wrong, but Ingram hasn't been used like a traditional back that will fall off a cliff at 30. The most carries he's ever got in his career is 230, Fournette has had that twice plus carries more injury concerns than Ingram. LF still has more miles left but their "football age" is alot closer than the 5 years on the calendar

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is an interesting fit. Brady runs a tough locker room, Fournette's not going to have any wiggle room... In addition, Arians has no problem calling a guy out to the media.

Fournette is on thin ice, but can find solid ground if he runs like he did in college.

Thin ice?

in TB?

In September?

Hope he brought swim trunks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

IMO, Brady to Godwin is going to be the most dependable connection on the entire offense (it fits, not in the Brady to Edelman way, but actually in the way Brady/Gronk between the 20's used to before Gronk was taken down by the injuries.  I don't think anyone should expect Godwin to replicate close to Moss' numbers with Brady, but he can still wreck with him getting YAC off broken tackles on medium routes and crossers not dissimilar from how Deion Branch was successful, if less athletically gifted than Godwin, with Brady.

My feeling is the TE's are going to be next to impossible to predict.  For one, Arians doesn't typical scheme around them in his offense; Brady will have some counter-effect to that, but if all three of Gronk, Howard, and Brate stay healthy and available, I think we see something more akin to what we saw in the Christian Fauria/Daniel Graham/Ben Watson era for New England from Brady - by season's end they'll all have respectable stats, but (from a fantasy perspective) it's going to be nearly impossible to predict who is the one that goes off week-to-week.

From what I've heard Brady-Evans have the best chemistry, and Godwin has been meh in camp. I know, because Brady's played with smaller quicker guys for 20 years, people assume he prefers that, but I wouldn't be at all shocked to see him favour Evans and enjoy having someone with a big catch radius to throw to.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, RoJo owners shouldn't worry. Fournette will get plenty of work in passing situations but he was dreadful in goal line work/redzone area.

Should still be RoJos backfield.

We signed Shady McCoy to be the 3rd down/pass catching RB and from all accounts, it sounds like we're going to keep him. Dare and Vaughn look to be the odd men out.

It's going to be RoJo and Fournette battling for the early down work. I'd avoid this RB backfield all together for fantasy until the dust settles after 3-4 games..

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is an interesting fit. Brady runs a tough locker room, Fournette's not going to have any wiggle room... In addition, Arians has no problem calling a guy out to the media.

Fournette is on thin ice, but can find solid ground if he runs like he did in college.

I dont necessarily know that Tom runs a tough locker room it was the Pats that did which is why guys like Gronk retired earlier (other then injuries he has had) because he wasn't a fan of how serious everything had to be. I think Tom is a hard worker and has the fire to yell at you when you mess up but I dont necessarily think he will have issues.

This team already has a few RBs on the squad so I do not expect LF to a big factor but we will see. I feel bad for guys like shady as I was expecting him to have a decent role being there now he may not make it to the 53 man roster.

Not sure why some of you guys are acting like this makes the Bucs better. He's a remarkably mediocre power-style runningback. Don't see him as an upgrade to anyone, and just seems like an extra body in the backfield.

Edited by joru1000
  • Like 1