Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

1 minute ago, joru1000 said:

Not sure why some of you guys are acting like this makes the Bucs better. He's a remarkably mediocre power-style runningback. Don't see him as an upgrade to anyone, and just seems like an extra body in the backfield.

I mean it doesn't make them worse like replacing Mark Ingram with Latavius Murray.

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Disagree. He may have been dealt a bad hand, but Fournette is a RB that you can get in any mid-late round draft in any given year.  

Yeah I don't see that. I don't feel many HB in the league would find success behind that OL. We will see now how much of it was Jacksonville and how much of it was Fournette though. No excuses in Tampa.

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah I don't see that. I don't feel many HB in the league would find success behind that OL. We will see now how much of it was Jacksonville and how much of it was Fournette though. No excuses in Tampa.

Have you watched Fournette run much in his NFL career? Just curious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Have you watched Fournette run much in his NFL career? Just curious.

Quite a bit. Have him on quite a few fantasy teams. He's obviously not the elite guy he was pegged to be, but he's not an average HB. Hard to make much happen behind arguably the worst OL in the league, with very little threat of a passing game.

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Quite a bit. Have him on quite a few fantasy teams. He's obviously not the elite guy he was pegged to be, but he's not an average HB. Hard to make much happen behind arguably the worst OL in the league, with very little threat of a passing game.

Worst OL in the league is a bit much, especially as a run blocking unit. 

Well, when Ive watched Fournette I've seen a guy that lacks much burst, has questionable vision more often then not, and a guy that doesn't make anyone miss. To go with that, for a guy that's built like he is, doesn't use it. Look up how many tackles he's broken in his career and compare and it's even more eye opening.

I hope Arians somehow unlocks something with him. Maybe Brady/that much talent around him will hide some things, but he's been average at best in the NFL imo. If you want to blame everything on the OL I guess go ahead, but I can promise you the Fournette that I've watched the last few years isn't where he is because of the OL.

Edit: To go with this, the guy also can't run out of shotgun. The year is 2020 btw.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Well, when Ive watched Fournette I've seen a guy that lacks much burst, has questionable vision more often then not, and a guy that doesn't make anyone miss. To go with that, for a guy that's built like he is, doesn't use it. Look up how many tackles he's broken in his career and compare and it's even more eye opening.

I hope Arians somehow unlocks something with him. Maybe Brady/that much talent around him will hide some things, but he's been average at best in the NFL imo. If you want to blame everything on the OL I guess go ahead, but I can promise you the Fournette that I've watched the last few years isn't where he is because of the OL.

Edit: To go with this, the guy also can't run out of shotgun. The year is 2020 btw.

Why can't he run out of shotgun?

6 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Why can't he run out of shotgun?

He's just always struggled in that area. Much better behind a FB or when he can get his momentum going prior to getting the ball. Been that way dating back to his LSU days. 

Didn't see his final numbers with it last year though.

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We signed Shady McCoy to be the 3rd down/pass catching RB and from all accounts, it sounds like we're going to keep him. Dare and Vaughn look to be the odd men out.

It's going to be RoJo and Fournette battling for the early down work. I'd avoid this RB backfield all together for fantasy until the dust settles after 3-4 games..

RonJon is garbage.  He will lose the starting spot very early in the season.  If Fournette is still available in rounds 6-7 he would be a steal.

ppl act like Fournette is a HUGE distraction/bad locker room guy, maybe he isnt the most enthusiastic football player but hes not that bad , compared to Ramsey and Ngakue, Fournette is a saint! And he actually produces even with stacked boxes and Minshew as his QB

im not a huge proponent of us (Tampa) signing him but imo he WILL win the job over Rojo at some point this season, just a question of when

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

It sounds like you're describing Montee Ball, which... ain't good.

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

ppl act like Fournette is a HUGE distraction/bad locker room guy, maybe he isnt the most enthusiastic football player but hes not that bad , compared to Ramsey and Ngakue, Fournette is a saint! And he actually produces even with stacked boxes and Minshew as his QB

im not a huge proponent of us (Tampa) signing him but imo he WILL win the job over Rojo at some point this season, just a question of when

But he's a Bucc...

• Like 3