• Lakers in 4
    • Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Rockets in 4
    • Rockets in 5
    • Rockets in 6
    • Rockets in 7

Anybody else really hate the way Harden plays basketball? I just find it terribly boring. There's no doubt that he's a great player, and yes, it's smart strategy to get to the foul line as much as possible. But still, he plays IRL like that dude who used to cheese in sports games growing up. Just ruined the fun of the game.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

D'antoni said "just a lack spirit" and Harden says "good question" after being asked why they were so flat.....Like how many times can you say that about the Rockets over the years in big playoff games? 

This is why we have our chance at a title a few years back with CP3. We had a great roster. Harden could carry the load for 3 quarters a night and CP3 would finish it off. 

we had mentally tough guys like CP3 and Trevor Ariza. Harden is just not mentally tough. It’s sad to say but it’s been obvious his entire career. 

also Dantonis system of zero accountability and letting his stars “figure it out” keep us from getting better. He waits until game 4 to make any adjustments and then he does some really crazy tweaks to the rotation. That failed miserably. 

I predicted somewhere we would go down 3-1 and win game 5 before losing game 6, but man with the way we mailed in game 4, this is probably a gentlemen’s sweep. 

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Anybody else really hate the way Harden plays basketball? I just find it terribly boring. There's no doubt that he's a great player, and yes, it's smart strategy to get to the foul line as much as possible. But still, he plays IRL like that dude who used to cheese in sports games growing up. Just ruined the fun of the game.

It's his biggest knock.

• Like 1

Didn’t even watch the second half. Rockets just look so flat. So careless with the ball. Lakers defense has improved since game 2 but still expected Rockets to be more effective. Passing up too many open looks. Now that they’re back is against the wall and there’s no pressure they might bounce back because that’s the only way they can play it seems.

Edited by Kip Smithers

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This is why we have our chance at a title a few years back with CP3. We had a great roster. Harden could carry the load for 3 quarters a night and CP3 would finish it off. 

we had mentally tough guys like CP3 and Trevor Ariza. Harden is just not mentally tough. It’s sad to say but it’s been obvious his entire career. 

also Dantonis system of zero accountability and letting his stars “figure it out” keep us from getting better. He waits until game 4 to make any adjustments and then he does some really crazy tweaks to the rotation. That failed miserably. 

I predicted somewhere we would go down 3-1 and win game 5 before losing game 6, but man with the way we mailed in game 4, this is probably a gentlemen’s sweep. 

You guys were definitely loaded in 2018. CP3 and Gordon were super clutch that postseason closing games left and right. The problem with the Rockets is that Harden definitely has that loser mentality at the wrong times and the offense becomes easy to defend for elite teams. How many times did he get doubled yesterday, pass the ball and just stay out 30 feet from the basket? Whoever is the HC needs to make some tweaks to the offense. Harden was so good in OKC coming off screens, hitting the elbow area and he needs to get back to shooting some mid range shots that are there for him. 

Another thing, during the quarantine Siakam and Van Fleet were going over some games during the postseason last year and they mentioned how just Kawhi instills so much confidence in the team and that is something they were missing. Harden, for as good as he is does not do that, especially in big games. He just gives in way too easy and if he has a bad start, that's pretty much how the rest of the game goes. There is definitely a mental hurdle that he has yet to get over.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol what a clown

I don’t think he willingly left. They kicked him out of the bubble. Granted it’s only gonna be 1 more game,  but the league better come clean on all this and give details because unless he did something really crazy, like sneak people into the bubble that weren’t already in the bubble, then he shouldn’t be kicked out completely. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t think he willingly left. They kicked him out of the bubble. Granted it’s only gonna be 1 more game,  but the league better come clean on all this and give details because unless he did something really crazy, like sneak people into the bubble that weren’t already in the bubble, then he shouldn’t be kicked out completely. 

I mean what are you looking for? They concluded he had a guest in his room for multiple hours that was not authorized to be there. Pretty obvious what happened here. 

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean what are you looking for? They concluded he had a guest in his room for multiple hours that was not authorized to be there. Pretty obvious what happened here. 

Agreed. The league deserves some credit here IMO and I trust them to make a fair and equitable judgement. 
The whole is greater than the individual in this process and they're pulling it off with limited to no distractions or bumps in the road. If they run into an individual that doesnt get that - oh well.