Trade Help Thread

NcFinest9erFan

I don't think we have a Trade Help Thread so here goes.

I was offered Marlon Mack and Marvin Jones for Melvin Gordon. Gordon is currently my RB3. I think I am lukewarm on Mack but the Colts seem like they will let him start off the year as the starter.  I like Marvin Jones and he could help my WR depth as I only have Djax and N'keal Harry.

Scoring is 1 point PPR, Every ten rush/rec yards is a point and .5 per carry.

10 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I don't think we have a Trade Help Thread so here goes.

I was offered Marlon Mack and Marvin Jones for Melvin Gordon. Gordon is currently my RB3. I think I am lukewarm on Mack but the Colts seem like they will let him start off the year as the starter.  I like Marvin Jones and he could help my WR depth as I only have Djax and N'keal Harry.

Scoring is 1 point PPR, Every ten rush/rec yards is a point and .5 per carry.

I wouldn’t do that deal. I don’t see how anything has materially changed for any of those players since you drafted and you are trading a player with an ADP of 50 for 94 and 134. I know ADP isn’t everything, but you are taking a huge hit in value on the deal. If you really want to build some WR depth, I would be looking for someone better. What other WR does he have?

• Like 1

Just now, winitall said:

I wouldn’t do that deal. I don’t see how anything has materially changed for any of those players since you drafted and you are trading a player with an ADP of 50 for 94 and 134. I know ADP isn’t everything, but you are taking a huge hit in value on the deal. If you really want to build some WR depth, I would be looking for someone better. What other WR does he have?

He has Juju/Keenan/MT. I asked if he wanted Fuller/Gordon for Juju but he doesn't want Fuller lol....

I think I may just stand pat. RB depth is hard to find.

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I wouldn't do that either @NcFinest9erFan. its one of those things especially early on if you wouldnt trade those picks before the draft, I wouldnt afterwards unless something significant changed since then

Yeah, I would like Marvin Jones on my team but even with Mack, I don't feel like I am getting enough in return. Even for Melvin Gordon. My biggest fear is that Gordon is indeed the RB to own in Den and I traded him for change.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:13 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah, I would like Marvin Jones on my team but even with Mack, I don't feel like I am getting enough in return. Even for Melvin Gordon. My biggest fear is that Gordon is indeed the RB to own in Den and I traded him for change.

reports are that he has struggled with the air some, and Lindsay looks good. I'm just not bullish on Gordon, and I think people are underrating mack. That being said, if Gordon could play as your RB3, and the other two guys are just going to ride the bench and are being used for depth purposes, you can't make the deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

reports are that he has struggled with the air some, and Lindsay looks good. I'm just not bullish on Gordon, and I think people are underrating mack. That being said, if Gordon could play as your RB3, and the other two guys are just going to ride the bench and are being used for depth purposes, you can't make the deal. 

Yeah this too.

3 of the 4 leagues i'm in are 12 man leagues... i just drafted my only 10 man league yesterday 

its a 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 2 Flex league, 0.5ppr

My RBs: Joe Mixon, Kenyan Drake, Kareem Hunt, Chase Edmonds, Matt Breida, Duke Johnson

i ended up waiting for TE's and for whatever reason people in this league were all drafting backup and in some cases 3rd string TEs... so I would up with Chris Herndon (who i'm ok with as a sleeper type guy)

all that to say today i was offered Tyler Higbee and Mark Ingram in exchange for my Kareem Hunt

22 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

3 of the 4 leagues i'm in are 12 man leagues... i just drafted my only 10 man league yesterday 

its a 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 2 Flex league, 0.5ppr

My RBs: Joe Mixon, Kenyan Drake, Kareem Hunt, Chase Edmonds, Matt Breida, Duke Johnson

i ended up waiting for TE's and for whatever reason people in this league were all drafting backup and in some cases 3rd string TEs... so I would up with Chris Herndon (who i'm ok with as a sleeper type guy)

all that to say today i was offered Tyler Higbee and Mark Ingram in exchange for my Kareem Hunt

I think its a solid trade.  I like Higbee as a top 8 TE which helps a lot and Hunt and Ingram are similar values IMO.  Ingram scares me with Dobbins waiting in the wings so may hurt later in the season but I think having a solid TE is valuable as well.  

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think its a solid trade.  I like Higbee as a top 8 TE which helps a lot and Hunt and Ingram are similar values IMO.  Ingram scares me with Dobbins waiting in the wings so may hurt later in the season but I think having a solid TE is valuable as well.  

yeah i think value wise it technically adds up... but i really think Hunt is going to end up better than Ingram at a margin not reflected in their ADP. i dont trust Higbee as much as some do. ingram/hunt would effectively be my RB3, though, and i already have Edmonds as a handcuff to Drake. 

i think it just comes down to how trustworthy Higbee is.

Edited by Turnobili

4 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

yeah i think value wise it technically adds up... but i really think Hunt is going to end up better than Ingram at a margin not reflected in their ADP. i dont trust Higbee as much as some do. ingram/hunt would effectively be my RB3, though, and i already have Edmonds as a handcuff to Drake. 

i think it just comes down to how trustworthy Higbee is.

Higbee had double digit targets each of the last 4 weeks and 100 yards in four of the last five weeks with 84 in the other.  It seems he and Goff have some chemistry and he is a safety valve for him.  I dont think anything has happened that would cause Higbee to fall much in value other than just not trusting the Rams offense.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Higbee had double digit targets each of the last 4 weeks and 100 yards in four of the last five weeks with 84 in the other.  It seems he and Goff have some chemistry and he is a safety valve for him.  I dont think anything has happened that would cause Higbee to fall much in value other than just not trusting the Rams offense.  

not trusting that he'd get the same snap share... they still like Everett

4 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Is Allen Robinson worth Calvin Ridley and Cam Akers?  Can't decide if the upgrade from Ridley to Robinson is worth Akers. 

This is a good one...I am super bullish on Allen Robinson...the problem is that i'm bullish on Ridley as well. Who can you pick up on the waiver wire to replace akers? What's the rest of your team look like?