Washington Football Team releases Vet RB Adrian Peterson

Ty21

8 hours ago, Dan33185 said:

It shouldn't be a surprise to him at all. His skill-set was a great asset to have 10 years ago but times have changed and he's 33 years old(?). Nowadays, RB's need to be able to contribute in the passing game and that's always been the weakest part of his game.  One of the same reasons Lynch is still a free agent.    

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It shouldn't be a surprise to him at all. His skill-set was a great asset to have 10 years ago but times have changed and he's 33 years old(?). Nowadays, RB's need to be able to contribute in the passing game and that's always been the weakest part of his game.  One of the same reasons Lynch is still a free agent.    

10 years ago? A 10 year younger AP is the best RB in the league today, or at least right there - passing deficiencies and all. If Henry, Chubb, and Jacobs could be valuable today then so could AP. 

41 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Google is hard for me too sometimes 

Everything is hard for you Ty. 

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

10 years ago? A 10 year younger AP is the best RB in the league today, or at least right there - passing deficiencies and all. If Henry, Chubb, and Jacobs could be valuable today then so could AP. 

Go back and read what I said and stop latching on to me saying 10 years -- an arbitrary year that first came to my mind. Would me saying 8 or 12 years make you feel better? Or should I have added a tilde when I said 10?  Your latching onto semantics. 

Are you seriously trying to compare Henry, Chubb, and Jacobs to AD?!  Stop it. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That didn’t seem like the point he was making. More that 10 years ago, a RB with average hands wasn’t as huge a deal, 20 years ago it was even less a big deal. However in today’s game it definitely makes that player much more one dimensional and less valuable. When AD had otherworldly rushing ability, it didn’t matter, however fast forward 10 years and while his rushing abilities would be at the requisite level to still be a starting RB, his pass catching abilities are not.

That seemed to more accurately reflect what @JAF-N72EX was communicating regarding AD and his skillset. Prime AD is still a top 3 RB in today’s game, but would hold less value in today’s game than yesteryears due to his deficiencies as a receiver. Whereas guys like LDT and Faulk would still hold the entirety of their value in today’s games due to their skillset.

• Like 1