The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not really. 

Chuck Bresnahan, Rob Ryan, Jason Tarver, Ken Norton Jr., Paul Guenther. Maybe someone missing. Either way, not a very "wow" list. Nobody left in better shape than they got here in, except MAYBE Rob Ryan, and even then, his career has just been overall fairly "meh". 

I didn’t mind John Marshall other than his dumb 5 safety package lol anybody remember that ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I can respect this opinion.  However, the difference this year is the defense is playing MUCH better than previous years. I think this defense can keep the Raiders in the game against legitimate QB's. If that happens and Carr continues balling, they Raiders will always be in the game, unlike prior years. Anyway, I'm not as scared as I've been years past playing legitimate QB's. Also, keep in mind, the Raiders have beaten the Chiefs with a, as Frankie would say, a dumpster fire defense.

Yeah that's my thing. Nobody can deny that if this was last year or basically any other year every offense(Regardless of the quarterback) would score in the 28 to 34 range. This is the first year that Derek Carr has ever played with a defense that was higher than 20th. think about that 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s such a horrible way to determine who’s a good passer or not lol. Lamar can have all the passing yards he wants, he’s an average passer. I can comfortably say Herbert, Mahomes, Dak, Burrow, Wentz, Mayfield are all better pure passers than Lamar. No question. 

Don't even like Lamar and he's better passer quarterback than Baker. Baker is a game manager no question. 

And again by your standards what exactly did Herbert do against Casey Hayward? If Casey Hayward is so untested, why didn't he do anything against him?

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s such a horrible way to determine who’s a good passer or not lol. Lamar can have all the passing yards he wants, he’s an average passer. I can comfortably say Herbert, Mahomes, Dak, Burrow, Wentz, Mayfield are all better pure passers than Lamar. No question. 

thats definitely true, they are better passers. 
But because of the way Lamar opperates, the D normally has to commit to stopping him run, which helps his WRs get open. He doesnt need to be a pinpoint passer, because he alone pulls one person from coverage. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Don't even like Lamar and he's better passer quarterback than Baker. Baker is a game manager no question. 

And again by your standards what exactly did Herbert do against Casey Hayward? If Casey Hayward is so untested, why didn't he do anything against him?

I’m talking about the secondary in general mostly. I’m not too concerned with Hayward overall, but he has not faced any single test this season outside of Justin Herbert. He did well against Herbert but the Chargers have zero speedy WR’s. All possession guys and shifty route running guys. Hayward’s problem last year was being consistently burned by speedsters over and over. We have not seen if his weakness is still there or not. I’m excited to see him against the Chiefs and Cowboys and hope he does well. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m talking about the secondary in general mostly. I’m not too concerned with Hayward overall, but he has not faced any single test this season outside of Justin Herbert. He did well against Herbert but the Chargers have zero speedy WR’s. All possession guys and shifty route running guys. Hayward’s problem last year was being consistently burned by speedsters over and over. We have not seen if his weakness is still there or not. I’m excited to see him against the Chiefs and Cowboys and hope he does well. 

Oh OK see I can respect that I'm talking specifically about Casey Hayward.

That said let's not act like Jonathan Abram hasn't played some really good tight ends this year and performed very well(like Mark Andrews who is tied with Kelce for all tight ends in receiving right now). Nate Hobbs has played well Keenan Allen. And they are playing with a player that we signed off of someone else's practice squad. We can't really discredit them either. 

Marquise Brown is a speed wr. Will Fuller is a speed receiver. Darnell Moody is a speed receiver. How about Jalen waddle. Jalen Raegor.

I ran NCAA track so I'm actually really passed one of the most difficult injuries to run with is a hamstring injury.

So when you're 4.57 when you're completely healthy and then you pull your hamstring you're going to struggle to run down the field with Tyreek Hill

Edited by Jeremy408

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh OK see I can respect that I'm talking specifically about Casey Hayward.

That said let's not act like Jonathan Abram hasn't played some really good tight ends this year and performed very well(like Mark Andrews who is tied with Kelce for all tight ends in receiving right now). Nate Hobbs has played well Keenan Allen. And they are playing with a player that we signed off of someone else's practice squad. We can't really discredit them either. 

Marquise Brown is a speed wr. Will Fuller is a speed receiver. Darnell Moody is a speed receiver. 

I’m not making any predictions or saying this secondary isn’t for real. Just simply stating it’s easily been the most generous schedule for a secondary in the league. 

Second half will be interesting. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’m not making any predictions or saying this secondary isn’t for real. Just simply stating it’s easily been the most generous schedule for a secondary in the league. 

Second half will be interesting. 

I'm not saying that this is a top-five secondary or anything. Again I'm just clarifying that it's not like they haven't gone against good receivers good quarterbacks and fast receivers. So they're definitely not fools gold. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We give up a lot of garbage yards. Without it, we'd be top 10 in total yards. Run D still needs some work. 

Biggest thing for me, the turnovers. We have to be pretty close to the top in that category, no? Seems like we get a couple of fumbles and/or picks per game. 

The thing that's different that we can say this year it's not a liability anymore and that's huge

Edited by Jeremy408

i dont think we talk about Kolton Miller in here enough, dude is as steady as it gets. Hes a huge part of our team. im no LT expert and not gonna act like ive watched all 32 LTs in the league, but KM has to be somewhere in the top 10. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

We give up a lot of garbage yards. Without it, we'd be top 10 in total yards. Run D still needs some work. 

Biggest thing for me, the turnovers. We have to be pretty close to the top in that category, no? Seems like we get a couple of fumbles and/or picks per game. 

The first 5 games under Gruden: 3 takeaways 

The last 2 games without Gruden: 6 takeaways

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Let's be real..... did anyone expect us to have two CBs we could say this about prior to hitting our Bye week?

If you said "yes", please see yourself out b/c you're lying lol. 

This is extremely impressive and Hobbs has been the best pick of our draft thus far.

Gus Bradley is the man.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hayward has not faced a single speedster-solid QB combination though. That was his big flaw last year. His schedule has been super CB friendly. I am very curious to see him against the Cowboys and Chiefs which we play both very soon here. 

Lamar/Hollywood, Big Ben/Claypool/Diontae, Herbert/Williams, Hurts/Smith/Watkins.