The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think Miller is slipping wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded away for picks

Really, I think he’s played very well when considering the mess all round him. They say chemistry is so important for an OLine and we’ve had very little so I think he’s doing really well. I’d hate to add more holes to the trenches.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Really, I think he’s played very well when considering the mess all round him. They say chemistry is so important for an OLine and we’ve had very little so I think he’s doing really well. I’d hate to add more holes to the trenches.

Just gotta think by the time we’re ready to legit compete he’ll be on the down side imo. We basically need a whole new team lol so I hear you about another hole. I never was that high on kolt. 

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think Miller is slipping wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded away for picks

26 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I don’t understand this weird infatuation on both sides of finding a random tweet that supports your position and then posting a snarky headline below it. So passive aggressive and odd 

What's odd is that fans who claim to watch and understand the nuances of football can look at our team and point the finger at Carr season after season.  This team has been a dumpster fire for over 20 years with terrible owners, GM's, coaches and players.  

We have had front offices that can't sign a quality FA or draft an average player if their careers depended on it yet average fans wan't to point the finger at Carr which is the laziest argument one can have.  Is Carr an elite QB, no he is not (10 range) but he has been a consistent professional who shows up, gives 100 percent and never complains about lack of talent, coaching or playing behind a decades worst D. They have given him trash WR's to throw to for 90 percent of his career, washed up **** RB's, atrocious D's and disastrous coaches with GM's who can't draft and like to stack teams with depth players who if not for the Raiders would be unemployed.  

#Carr's fault

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What's odd is that fans who claim to watch and understand the nuances of football can look at our team and point the finger at Carr season after season.  This team has been a dumpster fire for over 20 years with terrible owners, GM's, coaches and players.  

We have had front offices that can't sign a quality FA or draft an average player if their careers depended on it yet average fans wan't to point the finger at Carr which is the laziest argument one can have.  Is Carr an elite QB, no he is not (10 range) but he has been a consistent professional who shows up, gives 100 percent and never complains about lack of talent, coaching or playing behind a decades worst D. They have given him trash WR's to throw to for 90 percent of his career, washed up **** RB's, atrocious D's and disastrous coaches with GM's who can't draft and like to stack teams with depth players who if not for the Raiders would be unemployed.  

#Carr's fault

And there he is…..the most knowledgeable, casual football fan on the planet.

The man who worships Carr, hates Tua, and never would have drafted a Mahomes or Allen because they weren’t finished products at 21 years old, and thus too risky to spend a 1st round draft pick on.

The man who prefers indefinite mediocrity because possibly missing on a young QB and going from 7-10 to 4-13 is simply a risk not worth taking. 

The man who thinks DC is going to morph into a consistent franchise QB in year 10 despite all of the evidence pointing to the contrary. 

The man who swears Michael Crabtree, Amari Cooper, James Jones, Jared Cook, Hunter Renfrow, Darren Waller, and Davante Adams are trash receiving options because it supports his narrative. 

Now please respond with your detailed plan for how we are going to upgrade our roster while paying Carr elite, franchise QB money? Thank you in advance. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

The man who worships Carr, hates Tua, and never would have drafted a Mahomes or Allen because they weren’t finished products at 21 years old, and thus too risky to spend a 1st round draft pick on.

The man who prefers indefinite mediocrity because possibly missing on a young QB and going from 7-10 to 4-13 is simply a risk not worth taking. 

The man who thinks DC is going to morph into a consistent franchise QB in year 10 despite all of the evidence pointing to the contrary. 

The man who swears Michael Crabtree, Amari Cooper, James Jones, Jared Cook, Hunter Renfrow, Darren Waller, and Davante Adams are trash receiving options because it supports his narrative. 

Now please respond with your detailed plan for how we are going to upgrade our roster while paying Carr elite, franchise QB money? Thank you in advance. 

Tua does nothing well outside of short to intermediate accuracy and let's his stud WR's do the rest.  He has a below average arm, below average mobility and makes terrible decisions when trailing and being forced to pass which is evident by his 2.5 years of well below average play.  A few good games and stooges are ready to put a yellow jacket on the guy  It's laughable.

When have I ever said that I would be opposed to an upgrade to Carr?  I am more than happy to upgrade to an uber elite QB but I have seen nothing but nonsense in terms of how to upgrade the QB position for half a decade.  You make it sound like Mahomes and Allen type QB's grow on trees which clearly indicates that you are an average football fan.  

Speaking of Allen I was one of the only people on the forum that thought Allen should go number 1 overall on draft day,  If you like I will go back and dig up that post to prove that you are just making **** up.  I know QB talent when I see it!

James Jones and Jared Cook are suddenly good players?  More proof that you are a casual fan if you think those are quality players.  Both are below average...   I see how you fail to bring up the decades worst D or the trash RB's he's had for 90 percent of his career. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tua does nothing well outside of short to intermediate accuracy and let's his stud WR's do the rest.  He has a below average arm, below average mobility and makes terrible decisions when trailing and being forced to pass which is evident by his 2.5 years of well below average play.  A few good games and stooges are ready to put a yellow jacket on the guy  It's laughable.

When have I ever said that I would be opposed to an upgrade to Carr?  I am more than happy to upgrade to an uber elite QB but I have seen nothing but nonsense in terms of how to upgrade the QB position for half a decade.  You make it sound like Mahomes and Allen type QB's grow on trees which clearly indicates that you are an average football fan.  

Speaking of Allen I was one of the only people on the forum that thought Allen should go number 1 overall on draft day,  If you like I will go back and dig up that post to prove that you are just making **** up.  I know QB talent when I see it!

James Jones and Jared Cook are suddenly good players?  More proof that you are a casual fan if you think those are quality players.  Both are below average...   I see how you fail to bring up the decades worst D or the trash RB's he's had for 90 percent of his career. 

Still awaiting your detailed plan for how we assemble a bulletproof roster where we have good skill position players, a top offensive line, and a staunch D all while paying DC4 elite QB money. 

Btw in your original post you stated that Carr only had trash receiving options for 90% of his career. Is your position that James Jones and Jared Cook are trash? Is it possible there is a middle ground between trash and elite for guys like Cook and Jones who each had long, productive NFL careers? 

• Like 1

Still awaiting your detailed plan for how we assemble a bulletproof roster where we have good skill position players, a top offensive line, and a staunch D all while paying DC4 elite QB money. 

Btw in your original post you stated that Carr only had trash receiving options for 90% of his career. Is your position that James Jones and Jared Cook are trash? Is it possible there is a middle ground between trash and elite for guys like Cook and Jones who each had long, productive NFL careers? 

You want detail, I'll give you simplicity.  Draft well and get good value when signing FA's which is something this franchise has gotten an F grade during the last 20 years.  It's not rocket science as to how to build a solid roster, yet fans think they can be built in one offseason which is an unrealistic fallacy, specifically when you have a dumpster of a roster, with no depth like we have.  Building a solid foundation this will take multiple seasons considering the lack of overall talent that we have.

Carr has absolutely had trash receiving options for 90 percent of his career.  Jones was our number 1 WR when on most NFL teams he should have been a 3rd WR that was a RZ threat.  He was below average and averaged 650 yards per year over his 9 year career.  If you think that is above average I don't know what to tell you.... Cook was a career journeyman who had a few average seasons but overall a below average player.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

He's 9th in cap hit next year. Not really elite tbf.

Adams, Renfrow, Waller is a phenomenal receiving group, but they haven't played together at all this year.

• Like 2

Lol He is the leader of the ABC (AnybodyButCarr) group of posters on here.

He is content with mediocrity. Will downplay anybody to prop up Carr. 

• Like 2