NFL General Discussion

candyman93

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Odell has 100 yards….

The benefit OBJ has there is that he is the # 2 or 3 passing option. Here he was the #WR1 since everything else we have is crap. Defenses have to key on the other, bigger threats the Rams have.  Plus, he didn't want to be here.

• Like 1

He was effortless and malcontent and unproductive here but Odell Beckham made it work in the middle of the season in Los Angeles. He has chemistry with the quarterback, balls were on target, and the coach used him well. 

These playoffs have really been eye-opening.

5 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

49'ers drafted Trey Lance & gave up a ton to get him.  Rodgers is not going there.

Peace!!!

True. Bad move by them. That is a championship ready team and just needs a quarterback and he is from there. Everything else makes so much sense.

This is such an odd pairing for a Super Bowl. Not the teams per se but how the teams were constructed. The Rams essentially sold their souls via draft picks & salary cap space to make it to the big game. The Bengals, on the other hand, were literally one of the worst teams in the NFL the last 2 years, draft a QB #1 overall, a WR #5 overall the following year, have a patchwork OL that barely keeps their franchise QB upright & now their playing in the biggest game of the year. Just crazy. 

Peace!!!

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

True. Bad move by them. That is a championship ready team and just needs a quarterback and he is from there. Everything else makes so much sense.

Rodgers would be great for them, but Green Bay isn't trading him to another NFC team unless that team massively outbids an AFC team.

Unfortunately, the AFC is only going to get tougher once Rodgers (and maybe even Wilson) arrives.

Just now, cortes02 said:

This is such an odd pairing for a Super Bowl. Not the teams per se but how the teams were constructed. The Rams essentially sold their souls via draft picks & salary cap space to make it to the big game. The Bengals, on the other hand, were literally one of the worst teams in the NFL the last 2 years, draft a QB #1 overall, a WR #5 overall the following year, have a patchwork OL that barely keeps their franchise QB upright & now their playing in the biggest game of the year. Just crazy. 

Peace!!!

Cincinnati has made a lot of smart moves via FA the past couple of years.

Their first three picks from the 2020 class are also fantastic in Burrow, Higgins and Wilson.

18 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It kills me that I think I'm pulling for the Bengals

Bengals all the way this year. I don't understand hating the Bengals as a Browns fan, tbh. Our founder only started the Bengals because of Art Modell firing him. Plus they're in Ohio.

I understand disliking the Sam Wyche Bengals or when Hue went back to the Bengals, but now? It's more envy than any sort of dislike.

• Like 3