NFL General Discussion

candyman93

18 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Sean Payton decided to jump ship and leave New Orleans an absolute train wreck.  70 million over the cap, they have a few nice players but not a ton of talent, a middle of the pack draft pick at 18, a horrible QB room of Hill/Winston, and now out of a top coach.  New Orleans is screwed.

Peace!!!

This was the same thing I expressed to my Boy's.....I started talking about them a week ago with this....when I found out that N.O. was 70M over....NO QB, No QB of the Future, Disgruntled #1 WR, Kamera starting to get injured, Defense is solid but Williams will be out, they cant afford Davenports 5th year option and Lattimores contract is almost unworkable because its been worked so many times......

WHY would Payton stay around for a 3 year rebuild that will have to go down to the Bones.....why would he tarnish his rep......he can get a NICE cushy TV job for probably 2-3 years and then come back in a situation like Urban Myer had (all that Cap Space and Draft Capital and the #1 overall pick....he was set up to excel for a resources standpoint), he leave N.O. a hero and on his own terms.....We'll see him back in 2024/2025 100%, and he will have his pick of jobs....there may even be a job or two that the owner would fire their current HC for his return.

I heard it once said, that you either Die a Hero, or live Long enough to see yourself become the Villain....I think he chose the former. Leave while they still want to build you a statue to stay...

Edited by DaWg_LB.

I don't understand how the Saints and Packers put themselves in such salary cap hell when their rosters are not completely filled with All Pro's deserving of all of those high contracts.   That's just a total mismanagement of the cap by their GM's. I hope the Browns never find themselves in this situation.

Peace!!!

15 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I don't understand how the Saints and Packers put themselves in such salary cap hell when their rosters are not completely filled with All Pro's deserving of all of those high contracts.   That's just a total mismanagement of the cap by their GM's. I hope the Browns never find themselves in this situation.

Peace!!!

I have a feeling a lot of these contracts are voidable.

And if we have an MVP/HOF QB I’d sure as hell hope they push their chips in.  It ain’t my damned money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

I understand what Green Bay was doing, you have Aaron Rodgers, so win.

New Orleans…? Not sure what they were doing when Brees retired.