NFL General Discussion

candyman93

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

100% agreed. I don't understand the Willis hype at all. I disagreed with the Josh Allen hype, but I never disagreed with the potential or WHY he was hyped. I watched him throw an 80+ yard pass at the combine and saw that incredible athleticism and he did have some production (albeit bad accuracy numbers) at Wyoming with basically nobody there playing alongside of him.

Willis is a good athlete and has a strong arm.

Now, i think he’s closer to Jalen Hurts’s level of athleticism than Lamar’s and his arm is “strong” but probably not as good as Baker’s let along guys like Mahomes, Allen or Herbert.

And of course he’s going to be a 23 year old rookie, so he’s not terribly raw.

Willis is not someone I’d want to hitch my wagon to, but I also think he’s the only one in this class that has the potential to be elite if everything falls into place.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Willis is a good athlete and has a strong arm.

Now, i think he’s closer to Jalen Hurts’s level of athleticism than Lamar’s and his arm is “strong” but probably not as good as Baker’s let along guys like Mahomes, Allen or Herbert.

And of course he’s going to be a 23 year old rookie, so he’s not terribly raw.

Willis is not someone I’d want to hitch my wagon to, but I also think he’s the only one in this class that has the potential to be elite if everything falls into place.

I guess I look at him and see a 23 year old Cardale Jones without the 3 game elite stretch to back it up, but maybe I'm wrong there.

Like you said, he's not an elite athlete, has a great arm but not even necessarily elite arm, and he has almost zero college experience, all while being 23 years old and not being able to beat out Bo Nix.

This isn't the year to go shopping at that position via early in the draft IMO. Go take a mid round flier on Ridder if he's still there. because Kenny Pickett is old and has newborn baby hands, Matt Coral is like 6'2 and 205 pounds, and Willis isn't the best quarterback on his own college team and he's 23.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Unless there’s a top end FA or trade option this draft isn’t even worth wasting high capital at QB IMO. Run it back year 5 and hope for the best. Then make a move in 2023 if needed. 

Yup. I'm looking for one of the top guys to fall to the third round or later and then would consider. As the league tends to overdraft quarterbacks, though, I'm good with not grabbing anyone but a player later.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Really need to go hard after Gallup

As long as he's going to be 100% by August.

I'd kick the tires on Robinson, Gallup, Godwin (unlikely), Christian Kirk (not ideal but he's not bad), or D.J. Chark.

I want nothing to do with Ju Ju.

59 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As long as he's going to be 100% by August.

I'd kick the tires on Robinson, Gallup, Godwin (unlikely), Christian Kirk (not ideal but he's not bad), or D.J. Chark.

I want nothing to do with Ju Ju.

I doubt Robinson would want to play with Baker. He’s played with bad to below average QBs his entire career.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Looking at the final 4 teams and none of them are completely well rounded.

Having a completely well rounded team is impossible given the salary cap.

I think SF is well rounded....solid vet QB, QB of the future on the roster, a RB by committee that gets the job done, best blocking and most versatile WR's and TE in football, Solid Oline, Special Teams good enough to beat a Playoff Caliber team, and a top 10 defense....

KC is also pretty balanced on all sides of the ball...they are a little Top Heavy as far as certain talent...but balanced on both sides of the ball.

35 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think SF is well rounded....solid vet QB, QB of the future on the roster, a RB by committee that gets the job done, best blocking and most versatile WR's and TE in football, Solid Oline, Special Teams good enough to beat a Playoff Caliber team, and a top 10 defense....

KC is also pretty balanced on all sides of the ball...they are a little Top Heavy as far as certain talent...but balanced on both sides of the ball.

If the 49ers win the Super Bowl, we can 100% win a Super Bowl with Baker.

• Like 1