NFL General Discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Something I’ve noticed in playoff games: When games get tight, QBs only trust 2 receivers at most in a playoff game.

It’s like in the NBA where you reduce the amount of bench guys you play and increase the starters minutes.

I think in the regular season you’d like to have multiple receivers, but in post season play you just need 2 guys you absolutely trust. I remember when Brady would only throw to Gronk and Edelman when a game got tight.

I know they lost yesterday but Aaron Jones is an example of why you don’t get rid of Kareem hunt. Nick Chubb is a stud, but Kareem hunt is another level as an effective pass catching weapon as well. I think this year we kind of forgot how good he is, due to injuries, mis-management, etc. Having D’ernest is nice and all but Hunt gives something we don’t have and a running back when effective can be that safety blanket weapon that turns nothing into big plays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

OBJ playing much better in LA than cle. Im not convinced that it was all Baker, it looks like better attitude and better sheme as well as benefitting from Kupp on the other side. 

I was about to come in and say something. Obviously, we saw the lack of focus and effort that happened here. With that said, it’s crazy how he has come in to Los Angeles and had chemistry with Stafford mid-season. Back shoulder throws, etc. There was never chemistry here even after three years. Things seemed like they were slightly off on every throw between the two guys. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I was about to come in and say something. Obviously, we saw the lack of focus and effort that happened here. With that said, it’s crazy how he has come in to Los Angeles and had chemistry with Stafford mid-season. Back shoulder throws, etc. There was never chemistry here even after three years. Things seemed like they were slightly off on every throw between the two guys. 

I think there is fault between OBJ, Baker and Stephanski. It is nice to see him playing well, I think the NFl is better for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think there is fault between OBJ, Baker and Stephanski. It is nice to see him playing well, I think the NFl is better for it. 

The negative, fair or unfair though, his performance at the two places sandwiching him staying in Cleveland has to damage the perception of coming to Cleveland as a wide receiver with Mayfield. Mid-season he is contributing and playing a large role with the Rams after frustrations and being a ghost 2 1/2 years of his career. I do think word of mouth and that stigma might not be helpful for us in free agency, but maybe we can at least get effective #2-3 three type of options out wide and draft someone. Absolutely right though, I think his failure in Cleveland has to fall on all three levels, including the coaching here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

The negative, fair or unfair though, his performance at the two places sandwiching him staying in Cleveland has to damage the perception of coming to Cleveland as a wide receiver with Mayfield. Mid-season he is contributing and playing a large role with the Rams after frustrations and being a ghost 2 1/2 years of his career. I do think word of mouth and that stigma might not be helpful for us in free agency, but maybe we can at least get effective #2-3 three type of options out wide and draft someone. Absolutely right though, I think his failure in Cleveland has to fall on all three levels, including the coaching here.

I agree, we will be able to sign someone in FA, but we will be paying over the top for Gallup, Godwin or Williams if we want one of them. I think we should focus on defense with FA and then offense with the draft. 

The other option will be to trade for a WR. 

I think Michale Thomas may be an option in trade. 

Antonio brown until we can get a drafted WR up to speed?

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Gotta have a qb and coach who can get the ball to them first. 

We’re gonna have this argument throughout the forum all year. 

Both were the problem. But regardless of what QB you have we need some additional weapons. 

Hopefully Schwartz can turn into the next Scotty Miller 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Brady is the GOAT

I don’t care what sport you choose

Nobody will ever convince me that what he’s doing is any more impressive than what Jerry Rice did in his entire career and all the way up to age 40. It’s sexier because he’s a quarterback. I’m also taking MJ and Gretzky personally.