NFL General Discussion

candyman93

19 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Let's go get Jimmy G or Tannehill.

They're not any better than Baker but they don't do commercials so they must be more serious about their craft.

Yeah I mean the Baker commercials really take him away from the team.  They don’t film them in Cleveland in the off-season.  Oh wait 

• Like 2

Just now, JDD said:

Yeah I mean the Baker commercials really take him away from the team.  They don’t film them in Cleveland in the off-season.  Oh wait 

It means he's not studying film and doing QB drills 24/7, so he's obviously not dedicated to being a great QB.

10 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Making commercials is not the problem for Baker at all and should not be used as an excuse. Mahomes & Rodgers make tons of commercials. Baker's problem in reality is that he just isn't any better than Jimmy G or Tannehill.

Peace!!!

It's a joke since there are one or two posters (I won't name names) on here who have basically said Baker is more interested in being a celebrity than being a good QB.

And Baker is definitely better than Jimmy G. His highs have been way higher than Jimmy's and his lows haven't been much lower than Jimmy's. I actually like Tannehill, but he's limited. People talk about Baker needing things to be perfect for him to succeed, but that can be said for Tannehill x10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

It's funny. Most fans who give him **** would gladly have him on their team. 

Yes x1000000

I’m shocked at what I just saw. San Francisco had exactly 1 good offensive drive the entire night and it was that last drive.

Edited by candyman93

Something I’ve noticed in playoff games: When games get tight, QBs only trust 2 receivers at most in a playoff game.

It’s like in the NBA where you reduce the amount of bench guys you play and increase the starters minutes.

I think in the regular season you’d like to have multiple receivers, but in post season play you just need 2 guys you absolutely trust. I remember when Brady would only throw to Gronk and Edelman when a game got tight.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If the Rams win the super bowl, it’s going to be a dump on conventional team building.

Donald and Kupp are their only homegrown studs. They used barely any draft picks and relied primarily on free agency and trades.

guess it doesn't really matter how you get the talent