NFL General Discussion

candyman93

He is in charge of the draft all use it on what not to do.

Also his typing skills will help us with the board In later rounds i betcha he types 85 wpm.

Also by the way he took of and ran to butte montana he would invaluable for fetching take out.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2023 at 12:45 PM, DawgX said:

Nah I’m here. I’m just waiting for Deshaun to speak and I’ve been crazy busy this past week. 

I am concerned about this situation though. I’m holding Deshaun accountable for this shoulder situation. 

Maybe it’s because he hasn’t played in so long and thought he would heal quicker. But he’s gotta know if he doesn’t think he can play he’s got to voice that clearly from The start. 

F’ing ridiculous. I blame the Browns though. There were obvious red flags with Watson to begin with. Well beyond red flags, but when it comes to his desire to be out there specifically I mean. In a perfect world, when your staff clears you, but you don’t feel comfortable to play, you wouldn’t get paid for that period of time. He cost us one game with his play, and he took us out of the chance to win two different games, if he doesn’t go against San Francisco. We made the bed with this trade. Guaranteed contract, no outs for several years, etc. What could go wrong when you give a low character quarterback that kind of power? 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

😂 

but yeah man the way they’ve handled this situation is unprofessional. 

it starts with him. I think he’s trying to live up to that contract to a certain extent. 

but man he’s definitely got this franchise by the balls. I’ve got to see his next media availability before I finalize how I feel but he was supposed to speak today. The fact they’re trying to hide him pisses me off. Like if he’s hurt he’s hurt it’s whatever **** happens. 

this pretending that we do or don’t have an issue is like I said unprofessional and stupid 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

😂

but yeah man the way they’ve handled this situation is unprofessional. 

it starts with him. I think he’s trying to live up to that contract to a certain extent. 

but man he’s definitely got this franchise by the balls. I’ve got to see his next media availability before I finalize how I feel but he was supposed to speak today. The fact they’re trying to hide him pisses me off. Like if he’s hurt he’s hurt it’s whatever **** happens. 

this pretending that we do or don’t have an issue is like I said unprofessional and stupid 

I honestly think everyone is really blowing everything out of proportion, at least for now.

Theyve been transparent that he’s been dealing with an injury.  Being absurdly transparent doesn’t help them at all, make opponents prepare for as much as possible.  Only a goober looks at a QB not playing when they’re having arm pain and can’t throw skeptically imo.  He thought he’d be ready to play and thus far hasn’t been able to.  **** happens. 

big picture he doesn’t need to play Sunday.  We need him as healthy as possible for as many games as possible.  If one more week gets him right, do that. 

17 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Baker was obviously hobbled and they let him play so that he'd struggle and they could have an excuse to move off of him

I wish Watson had 1/100th of Bakers balls and grit. Instead we have a massive ***** and quitter on a 240M deal. 

How on earth is the team catching any flack for this?

Baker chose to play.  He could have declined, had surgery, protected his value.  Like, why the nonsensical revisionist history? 

The team cleared both players to play, the players made choices based on how they felt.  

Baker also hurt his non-throwing shoulder.  I’m no expert, but I’m assuming non-throwing vs throwing is relevant for a guy who has to throw something, no?

If you just want to rant, you do you bb, but just say so that way the rest of us don’t have to pretend you’re trying to make a sound point.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

big picture he doesn’t need to play Sunday.  We need him as healthy as possible for as many games as possible.  If one more week gets him right, do that.

I agree. Let's be honest, we'll probably get creamed by the 49ers either way anyway. Why risk exacerbating the shoulder injury now?

• Like 2