Brandon Staley

Ron Rivera

Matt Eberflus

Todd Bowles

Probably fired:

Dennis Allen

Mike Vrabel

Sean McDermott

I don't see Schwartz as being a likely replacement for most of these positions.  Carolina has to fix Bryce Young, they probably will go with a coach on the offensive side.  Brandon Staley is a defensive coach and the franchise is Justin Herbert.  Again, offensive side coach replacement likely.  The Bears need to get the most out of Fields or Caleb Williams. Eberflus is defensive, so again they probably go offensive if they replace him.  If the future in Tennessee is Will Levis, should Vrabel leave, I don't see them going defensive side with their next coach. Schwartz was on the staff, why make a change to him if Vrabel is forced out, maybe if Vrabel leaves for OSU and they want continuity? but again I see getting an offensive mind for Levis.  As for the Bills, well Josh Allen is the franchise, they definitely go offensive side to replace the defensive side McDermott.  

The Saints and Buccaneers are mediocre teams with some talent on the roster so I could see Schwartz getting a look from them. I think the Commanders will look for a splash hiring for the new ownership, so I don't see them going for a Schwartz.

As for the Raiders, I have no idea, but Schwartz's style/personality seems like a fit for the Raiders image of old.

Lastly, if you want to hire a defensive coach with experience why would you hire Schwartz over Dan Quinn who took a team to the Super Bowl and also coaches a high profile defense?  He'd be an easier sell to the fanbase. 

Bottom line, Schwartz will get interviewed but won't be in the running for many of the jobs given the league's recent trend of preferring younger coaches and offensive coaches.  He could get a shot, but I'm not betting my money on it.😉

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Didnt Schwartz have to step down from the eagles because of health issues? Plus he only signed a one year deal here. Maybe he doesn’t want to coach that long and wants to take it year by year. He might not have any interest in taking a high stress HC job. 

He stepped down in like April and took another job in like July or some ish though.

Wasn't out the game long.  

I do think it’s possible he doesn’t want to be a HC.  He didn’t want to coordinate last year, maybe this is as much as he’s comfortable with.  And that’s ******* aces by me lol 

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He stepped down in like April and took another job in like July or some ish though.

Wasn't out the game long.  

I do think it’s possible he doesn’t want to be a HC.  He didn’t want to coordinate last year, maybe this is as much as he’s comfortable with.  And that’s ******* aces by me lol 

He took a consultant job. Hardly the stress of a DC job. I would he very surprised if he even considered a HC job. 

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

The Steelers might be the worst +.500 team this late in the season I've ever seen.

Their offense is... something. The offensive scheme is so bad and hasn't gotten any better since they fired Canada. Their skill position talent is pretty good, but they have attitude problems, and they don't trust the offensive coaches (they probably shouldn't). And of course, their QB talent is really bad. No easy fix unless they figure out QB and do wholesale changes on the offensive coaching staff (not the Steeler way).

Their defense is good but still has some talent deficiencies. Their defensive coaching is really good though, so it will be good for a while if they can get an influx of talent.

And to keep it all in perspective, we were **this** close to losing to them twice. Yikes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

And to keep it all in perspective, we were **this** close to losing to them twice.

With the state of injuries and QB position this season, we are only going to get W's in games we were this close to losing from here on out.

Glad the Hoodie could help us out last night! The Browns of the past would not capitalize on the daylight that's created on the wildcard hunt and would lose this weekend rather than putting a threat in the rearview mirror: let's see what kind of team we are this year. For that reason, and to halt the momentum of the 2 game skid, we're looking at close to a must-win this week.

Edited by dawgdish