College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 hours ago, QBIso said:

I think we do need more of a base DE. That’s why I love the idea of the Miami guys (Rousseau & Phillips). They’re stout as hell and still get pressures. Their other rusher (Roche) is a finesse guy in the mold of an Ossai. I think we gotta punt on those dudes and go with someone that can play the run and pass. Garrett is not much of a run defender in terms of being gap sound. We can’t have two DEs that play pass on every down. 

I guess it comes down to what the scheme wants. I see Ossai in that TJ Watt mold and see some real talent. That said, this looks more and more like a strong DE draft. There could be 15 or more quality starters coming out. What round do you think Phillips goes? I'm thinking there may be defensive ends available a full round past projection this year.

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I guess it comes down to what the scheme wants. I see Ossai in that TJ Watt mold and see some real talent. That said, this looks more and more like a strong DE draft. There could be 15 or more quality starters coming out. What round do you think Phillips goes? I'm thinking there may be defensive ends available a full round past projection this year.

I think Phillips is a surprise late 1st. He is the most underrated prospect in this class as of right now IMO. I keep seeing him mocked in the 2nd/3rd. There’s no way he lasts that long. He has had elite production and was a 5* coming out of HS. A little bit of a 1-year wonder, but that doesn’t concern me with any prospect tbh. I can’t think of many 1-year wonder prospects who terrorized college football and then fell off. 

I also pike Kwity Paye, Aidan Hutchinson, Chris Rumph, Rashard Weaver, Micheal Clemons, and Shaka Toney as later round DE’s.  Some of those guys are base ends whereas some of them are situational speed rushers (Rumph/Toney). 

• Like 1

Tylan Wallace is freaking good. He’s not gonna test well at all, but that creep can roll, man. He reminds me of a Hines Ward type. You won’t understand how he keeps beating your coverage, but he’s gonna keep getting open and he’ll catch the ball every time. He’s my super sleeper this year. 

Other sleeper WR’a that I love:

Dez Fitzpatrick (Will be a great #2)
Dazz Newsome (Will be a stud slot WR)
Kadarius Toney (Swiss Army Knife)
Dyami Brown (Superb deep threat)
Sage Surratt (Legit #1 WR)

• Like 1

This is also a loaded safety draft. There are guys in every round that will be very good. Paris Ford is BEST IN SHOW if you ask me. Caden Sterns, Andre Cisco, Bubba Bolden, Reed Blankenship, Ardarius Stewart, Jevon Holland, Trevon Moehrig, and Hamsah Nasirildeen are right there behind him. Greg Eisworth, Shawn Davis, Gurvan Hall, Marcelino Ball, and Damar Hamlin are later round guys that I think can and will become starter-quality players. 

Finally there is a loaded safety class. It’s been a very long time since there was a surplus at S. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QBIso said:

This is also a loaded safety draft. There are guys in every round that will be very good. Paris Ford is BEST IN SHOW if you ask me. Caden Sterns, Andre Cisco, Bubba Bolden, Reed Blankenship, Ardarius Stewart, Jevon Holland, Trevon Moehrig, and Hamsah Nasirildeen are right there behind him. Greg Eisworth, Shawn Davis, Gurvan Hall, Marcelino Ball, and Damar Hamlin are later round guys that I think can and will become starter-quality players. 

Finally there is a loaded safety class. It’s been a very long time since there was a surplus at S. 

We could justify going all defense this entire draft, minus maybe a bigger bodied WR on the outside. I'd love to have something like:

R1: Shaun Wade, slot CB/push S hybrid that never leaves the field

R2: Nick Bolton, LB Missouri, as I think JOK will be gone

R3: Best S available, rotates in with Delpit/Harrison Jr. as a rookie or more Big Nickel personnel, otherwise best EDGE available

R4: T.J. Vasher, WR TTech (6'6, 215, raw)

R5-R7: Best EDGE prospects available

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If Dylan moses drips I'd love to get him in the 3rd. 

Our offense should be reasonably in tact going into next year. 

We can draft a lot of defense, I'd hope the 1st 4 go on front 7.

I like that idea (need) mixed with drafting whatever positions are super deep (best value) in this draft. It seems like it's shaking out to be an above-average draft at DE, S, CB, LB, WR and QB. I'd like to see us grab one of all of those and a DT as well.

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I like that idea (need) mixed with drafting whatever positions are super deep (best value) in this draft. It seems like it's shaking out to be an above-average draft at DE, S, CB, LB, WR and QB. I'd like to see us grab one of all of those and a DT as well.

If we can combine buying spot starters , like Joseph, Goodson, and then 3-4 good players in the draft, next year could be the biggest year for the browns of our lives. 

A good defense, a good offense, and then average special teams.

• Like 1