College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Holy hell his size and pro day numbers alone are making my jeans tight.

Had a really good showing at the Senior bowl as well, just saying 

And made impact plays vs FBS opponents (see 0:59)

Edited by MSURacerDT55

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As out as I am on Phillips in the Top 50 is as inversely correlated as I'm into him at 51 or later. If he busts due to medical in the late 2nd, so be it, but he's absolutely worth the gamble there at 59, even if we have to trade one of our 3rds or our 4th to move up a few spots and get him.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

@MSURacerDT55 just found it. Pick #51 is worth 390 points, and Pick #59 is worth 310 points. Pick #110 is worth 74 points.

To move up to #51 would cost us #59, #110, and #211.

So, given we'd already have #26, then 59 for 51 is a wash, and we'd give up our 4th and 6th, but still have 2 3rds (#89, #91), I'd absolutely be willing to do something like that.

TBH, I would not be surprised if we traded back from #26 to #28 through #35, which would likely net us around a 3rd or 4th round pick this year, or the next round higher next year. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

@MSURacerDT55 just found it. Pick #51 is worth 390 points, and Pick #59 is worth 310 points. Pick #110 is worth 74 points.

To move up to #51 would cost us #59, #110, and #211.

So, given we'd already have #26, then 59 for 51 is a wash, and we'd give up our 4th and 6th, but still have 2 3rds (#89, #91), I'd absolutely be willing to do something like that.

TBH, I would not be surprised if we traded back from #26 to #28 through #35, which would likely net us around a 3rd or 4th round pick this year, or the next round higher next year. 

I am totally prepared for the trade back, I know for sure know there is a scenario that they don't want to be in and want to trade out of if their guy/guys isn't at 26 (If they don't trade up)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

On what planet is Elerson great size but Azeez is too small?

Elerson has bird legs.

One is 6’6 260 and the other is 6’2 240.

Those numbers alone make the size issue pretty clear.

Additionally it’s a whole lot easier as I understand it to add weight, especially at that height, than it is to invent a way to make a prospect taller.

This kind of says it all:

Weaknesses

Skinny pegs holding up his frame.

Had issues getting bounced around by bigger players.

Ended up on the ground too often.

This was a “strength”

Overmatched by size against Iowa State but still battled his tail off.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This kind of says it all:

This was a “strength”

I think that’s why he’s generally viewed as a developmental prospect and not a day 1 pick.

Additionally those criticisms were from his 2019 tape.  He started out at like 200 pounds, so I’m assuming his current frame isn’t too similar to what we saw in 2019 when he was almost 20 pounds lighter.

https://unipanthers.com/sports/football/roster/elerson-g--smith/4857