College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hard pass on a player with reoccurring back issues.

It’s not often those resolve tbh.

As in, take him off the draft board short of a late round roll of the dice.

Agreed. I feel bad for the guy.  He's a really good player.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Agreed. I feel bad for the guy.  He's a really good player.

He’s CB1 most likely without the injuries, in a really good corner class at that.

It’s really unfortunate, I could see him sliding a ton.  Someone may take flier day 3 just because he is so talented, but I’d be shocked to see him go day 1 or 2 if the info is true.

• Like 1

Yeah, from a medical point of view, I'm not touching Phillips until after 50 and Farley until Round 3. A back issue isn't something that I'm aware of being able to get past/heal with rehab, and a lot of times it's only going to get worse. 

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s CB1 most likely without the injuries, in a really good corner class at that.

It’s really unfortunate, I could see him sliding a ton.  Someone may take flier day 3 just because he is so talented, but I’d be shocked to see him go day 1 or 2 if the info is true.

I still see someone taking a roll of the dice in the 1rsrt....at very worst I think Tampa Bay takes him at 32....

IF he lasts to day 2 It gonna be just like the LB the cowboys drafted from ND that year....the one with the nerve damage in the foot....the NFL is a meat grinder, they want to get 7-9 years out of dude and then they dont care...

IF he's there in round 3 (really 2 for me) Then this should be dude running from the back draft room to get the card up yonder...

200.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.

5 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Well... maybe we will take an off ball LB in the 1st...

Jamin Davis anyone?

Nah, not with this FO. For better or worse, they don't value the LB position that highly. There's a reason Woods has been talking about how much Dime we are gonna run this year. (Hot take: We run more dime, 6 DBs, than old fashioned base, 4 DBs, this year.)

I think CB, DT, DE, or WR in the 1st couple rounds. The wildcard would be if they see a crazy value pick at a high value position where we already have a starter (C, T, or TE).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, from a medical point of view, I'm not touching Phillips until after 50 and Farley until Round 3. A back issue isn't something that I'm aware of being able to get past/heal with rehab, and a lot of times it's only going to get worse. 

Yeah typically if the original surgery doesn’t correct it, you’re in for a bad time.

He’s be a 7th round gamble for me, nothing more.