College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

The other thing that's more likely to happen this year (this happens every year, but I think it happens more this year due to circumstances)...

Some of the media consensus and the real FO rankings aren't going to jive.  Guys that the media think are 2nd and 3rd rounders will go in the 1st and vice versa.

Wouldn't be shocked if our FO really liked guys that are generally pegged as 2nd rounders (Asante Samuel, Joe Tryon, Payton Turner, Jevon Holland, etc).

Yep.

What we think we know anyway is they value the following:

- early breakout age, no late bloomers.

- young, no 23 or older rookies.  Early picks are likely to be 20-21.

- multiple years of production

- big program from power 5 conference 

- average or better athleticism

The more of those boxes a prospect checks off, the more likely we’re a fan.   

9 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

What kind of sources does Bruce Drennan have? Dude was on his show and saying he has sources saying the Browns are aiming to move up for JOK from ND. 

I feel like he just needs viewers and isn't really all that plugged in with the actual inner workings of the team.

I’d be surprised if he has a single credible source.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

What kind of sources does Bruce Drennan have? Dude was on his show and saying he has sources saying the Browns are aiming to move up for JOK from ND. 

I feel like he just needs viewers and isn't really all that plugged in with the actual inner workings of the team.

He saw it in Peter King’s mock is my guess

I tend to be a lurker on here, but enjoy the differing opinions much like a SportsTalk show (we all know who the Skip Bailey is in the forum😉 ). So with that in mind, question from your audience:

If Phillips, Paye, and Rousseau are all gone by #26, and Jimmy Haslam got a psychic premonition from the Theton-Supreme that you, as GM, have to pick a DE. Who's the pick?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jkb_63 said:

I tend to be a lurker on here, but enjoy the differing opinions much like a SportsTalk show (we all know who the Skip Bailey is in the forum😉 ). So with that in mind, question from your audience:

If Phillips, Paye, and Rousseau are all gone by #26, and Jimmy Haslam got a psychic premonition from the Theton-Supreme that you, as GM, have to pick a DE. Who's the pick?

Ojulari or Oweh.  I'm guessing our nerds would take Oweh, but that's just a guess.

The more I think on it, I don't know that Ojulari is a great fit for us. He's not very big, and we don't really rush the linebackers a ton. He probably has more value as a pure situational rusher right now, or in a 3-4.

I understand that Oweh doesn't fit the typical approach that our FO have, but he has the size and speed to play legitimate DE. He at the very least gets consistent pressure. I'm talking myself more and more into him if we MUST go DE.

1 hour ago, jkb_63 said:

Ojulari

He’d be used like Bruce Irvin or a rookie Von Miller. Listed as a LB, but plays with his hand in the dirt.