College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

25 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Azeez having knee problems takes him off of consideration for me.

Sooooo JOK it is? I’d be cool with Barmore too.

According to Daniel Jeramiah JOK is going top 15. He was on with Nate Zegura yesterday and said there is no way he seems JOK slipping to 26.

I think Collins will be there, and that (if we want a LB) will be the one staring them in the face.

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Not sure we draft a guy who is going to need medical redshirt year, but I like what he brings when healthy.

Im hoping for Tommy Togiai in the 3rd for the DL. I dont know why but after watching him this past year at OSU I seem to be much higher on him than a lot of others. He would be a perfect young guy to bring in that could take over the starters spot after Malik Jackson/Sheldon Richardson are gone.

Im also assuming after the draft the Browns bring back Richardson for the super cheap.

If we get obnoxious--draft Rousseueoe9 at #26 then draft Togiai in the 3rd......whoooah buddy watch out.

• Like 1

Christian Barmore scares me. I get visions of Gerard “Big Money” Warren. Anyone with a questionable work ethic should be off the Browns board. I’m really liking the idea of trading back a few spots and taking Payton Turner early in the 2nd round.

21 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Christian Barmore scares me. I get visions of Gerard “Big Money” Warren. Anyone with a questionable work ethic should be off the Browns board. I’m really liking the idea of trading back a few spots and taking Payton Turner early in the 2nd round.

Smart tough accountable. Not the wet dream team of butch davis.  

46 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Idk they said Ngata took plays off and was at times lazy. We traded him to Baltimore. I think it worked out alright for them.

55 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

If he was truly lazy, there’s no way on Earth he would have survived Saban.

College Football Championship GIF by ESPN

His team was up 28-10 and committed a false start at the start of the 2nd quarter.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

Question, why do we need a tall CB?

Who are the tall WRs we’d be facing....? The biggest competition KC, Baltimore, and Buffalo don’t have tall WRs.

I guess maybe Tennessee if you factor in AJ Brown, but we smoked those dudes. Pittsburgh has claypool, but it doesn’t matter because Ben can’t get the ball to him unless it’s a screen.

Speed and athleticism >>>> Length

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Who are the tall WRs we’d be facing....? The biggest competition KC, Baltimore, and Buffalo don’t have tall WRs.

I guess maybe Tennessee if you factor in AJ Brown, but we smoked those dudes. Pittsburgh has claypool, but it doesn’t matter because Ben can’t get the ball to him unless it’s a screen.

Yeah I think they physical traits are great, the bigger, faster, stronger the better, but at the end of the day it’s really as simple as are you good enough?

There are plenty of examples of dudes who are 5’10+ who are absolutely good enough to guard anyone.

When dudes get roasted it’s not often because they’re too short.

10 hours ago, Horseunit said:

A different scenario I thought about is what big money failed because of the failed culture we had, we didn't have a culture of accountability. There were reports of Ngata taking plays off but he played hard because of the culture they built. Maybe we could be at the point where we have a culture that can support a guy like this and have him change his ways rather than him go full rogue and no one hold him accountable. 

11 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Caleb Farley should be off the Browns board too. He’s gonna drop way down. Think Greedy’s nerve issues but in Caleb’s back. One awkward hit and he could lose feeling in his lower extremities.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u1jVe3EvHNY

I'm sorry, I still don't' care. I'm sure our FO went through every scenario and looked deep into it. If he can give us 5 elite years then have to give it up because of injuries, I'll take it.

Now, If he drops to the second round, I would be over the moon if we take him. I would rather take my chance with an elite talent, than reach for a guy.

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jalen Ramsey, if you can get guy with length, athleticism, and hips? you take that 10 times out of 10. 

It doesn't matter who we play, if we have a guy who can completely blanket the opponent's best receiving option, it severely limits what an opposing offense can do which would be a huge win for the defense before they take the first snap.

Also, the longer the athlete, the more ground they can cover, in short areas 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm sorry, I still don't' care. I'm sure our FO went through every scenario and looked deep into it. If he can give us 5 elite years then have to give it up because of injuries, I'll take it.

Now, If he drops to the second round, I would be over the moon if we take him. I would rather take my chance with an elite talent, than reach for a guy.

I think the point is right now after needing spinal surgery followed by a revision and ongoing nerve damage, the concern is that he may never actually play at all, let alone his entire rookie deal.

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Jalen Ramsey, if you can get guy with length, athleticism, and hips? you take that 10 times out of 10. 

It doesn't matter who we play, if we have a guy who can completely blanket the opponent's best receiving option, it severely limits what an opposing offense can do which would be a huge win for the defense before they take the first snap.

Also, the longer the athlete, the more ground they can cover, in short areas 

Oh for sure, I don’t think he’s saying we shouldn’t take one, simply that being 6’2 isn’t a requirement or necessary for playing well against bigger receivers.

Draft the better player who has traits that are relevant to success than height/length.