College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

14 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Anyone think we take Quinn Meinerz OG/C Wisconsin-Whitewater in round 2? Just seems like a guy that could develop into a really good player to eventually take over for any of the current interior guys.

I know many will be upset because it's not the sexy pick or the pick that helps this year, but i think he's a monster and it's a perfect future pick to replace Joel or more likely JC in a year or two. I'd love that pick. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Anyone think we take Quinn Meinerz OG/C Wisconsin-Whitewater in round 2? Just seems like a guy that could develop into a really good player to eventually take over for any of the current interior guys.

5 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I know many will be upset because it's not the sexy pick or the pick that helps this year, but i think he's a monster and it's a perfect future pick to replace Joel or more likely JC in a year or two. I'd love that pick. 

I can't find the tweet right now, but I thought it was something like he has the chance to be the highest drafted D3 player ever.  I think the record is 61st overall, so if we took him at 59... it would add to his Disney movie story.

30 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

16 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I don’t think we’ll take an IOL that high personally.

Someone that high should be a rotational player a minimum.  If you’re going to give a guy a redshirt year, that’s more along the lines of a day 3 pick imo.

That said, as long as he’s good I won’t be mad.

2 hours ago, Horseunit said:

no