College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, jkb_63 said:

I tend to be a lurker on here, but enjoy the differing opinions much like a SportsTalk show (we all know who the Skip Bailey is in the forum😉 ). So with that in mind, question from your audience:

If Phillips, Paye, and Rousseau are all gone by #26, and Jimmy Haslam got a psychic premonition from the Theton-Supreme that you, as GM, have to pick a DE. Who's the pick?

Joseph Ossai. He's my #2 edge after Paye. 

I do not have Phillips or Rousseau on my board for medical/character and athleticism issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jkb_63 said:

I tend to be a lurker on here, but enjoy the differing opinions much like a SportsTalk show (we all know who the Skip Bailey is in the forum😉 ). So with that in mind, question from your audience:

If Phillips, Paye, and Rousseau are all gone by #26, and Jimmy Haslam got a psychic premonition from the Theton-Supreme that you, as GM, have to pick a DE. Who's the pick?

This would be an ugly situation for me as I don’t really think any of the other DEs make sense schematically or sniff round 1. Probably would go Basham or Tryon if I’m locked in on DE, but I like them both a lot more in round 2. 

Cleveland Browns

• CLE
    Caleb Farley
    CB Virginia Tech
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Joe Tryon
    EDGE Washington

• CLE
    Nick Bolton
    LB Missouri
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

• CLE
    Tyson Campbell
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Ihmir Smith-Marsette
    WR Iowa

• CLE
    Shaun Wade
    S Ohio State
    trade icon
  • CLE
    Marvin Wilson
    DT Florida State

• CLE
    Ian Book
    QB Notre Dame

Just my opinion, but the strengths of this class:

1. WR - This is obvious. Super loaded class with 3 HOF talents.

2. QB - Also obvious. Some incredible potential and talent.

3. OT - Some really talented players with exceptional ceilings.

4. LB - Really strong group as a whole. LBs are changing for the better.

5. CB - Some really fantastic talent.

Weaknesses:

1. TE - Kyle Pitts is a WR to me. So I have a hard time including him, but I will. Outside of him, this group is garbage.

2. D-line as a whole - Holy crap this group either has significant injuries or lack any production / physical tools.

3. Safety - Very meh group. Don’t see anybody special. I see starters, but that’s it.

4. RB - Nobody stands out to me. Najee Harris could be like Chubb.

5. Special teams - No record breaking kickers or return men to get excited about.

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Other than LB and CB it’s a terrible defensive class.

It’s just crazy how there isn’t even one single elite edge rusher. Every draft there’s multiple. I’m sure that’s because of how many opt outs there were last year but it’s still pretty wild. 

14 hours ago, jkb_63 said:

...your Eric Turner Avy is BEAUTIFUL...

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Just my opinion, but the strengths of this class:

3. OT - Some really talented players with exceptional ceilings.

Even the middle rounds have a ton of guys who could develop over time. Alaric Jackson, Jaylon Moore, D'Ante Smith, and Robert Hainsey are all guys who I think could eventually be starters. 

5 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Caleb Farley tested positive for COVID. That dude really can't catch a break. 

No lie. At this point I'm waiting for the footage of him falling down the stairs after whatever team drafts him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd take him there. Give us a lot more speed on defense.

What does JOK give us if we play the Ravens game one? if we play teams with 12 personnel, where is he lined up? What does he bring to the table on predominately run downs that would warrant him being worthy of the 26th pick?

13 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Joseph Ossai. He's my #2 edge after Paye. 

I do not have Phillips or Rousseau on my board for medical/character and athleticism issues.

Please elaborate

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Is this the worst d line draft of all time?

It could be, but that doesn't mean there aren't good ones, its just up to us to find the RIGHT one for us.