College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

Well.... you should be.

Hahaha. Agreed. If D'Ernest Johnson was a scrub, I could maybe see spending a 2nd-5th round pick on an RB. But with Johnson plus the obvious studly top duo, no thanks on a RB.

7 minutes ago, FGK said:

Hahaha. Agreed. If D'Ernest Johnson was a scrub, I could maybe see spending a 2nd-5th round pick on an RB. But with Johnson plus the obvious studly top duo, no thanks on a RB.

Oh I’m absolutely ok with spending a 4th rounder or later on a back.

If we wanna be a “2 headed monster”, run first team, I’d want 3 good backs.  

Besides, the day that either Chubb or Hunt or both aren’t going to be here will isn’t that far off, probably halfway through this current rookie class’s deal.

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let’s just be honest, they could take anything and it would be ok.  It’s really a magnificent situation and feeling as a fan.

AromaticDapperDoe-max-1mb.gif

(I just thought about it.....after listening to the Video, from 1978 LOL...this will be the Theme Song from our SB Winning Season)

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I doubt they'll go ALL the crazy ways lol. But safety especially is one I could see. We don't know how Delpit's recovery is going, and if they're planning on going heavy dime, I think centerfield safety (JJ3 is gonna always be on the field, but not always up high, Harrison will be the box safety) is almost as much of a question mark as CB2.

Jevon Holland is getting slept on. Dude was in the top 20 of a ton of mocks before opting out for the season and now I see him late 2nd/early 3rd in a ton of them.

I think the hardest thing this year evaluation-wise, the thing that's gonna decide who demolishes the draft and who flops completely, is gonna be evaluating the opt outs. Is Greg Rousseau still a 1st round pick or does the bad pro day numbers knock him out? What about Jevon Holland? Rashawn Slater? Id Tay Gowan a late sleeper or a do-not-draft? Etc. Etc.

Holland is my #1 Safety....Morwhig is #2...

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh I’m absolutely ok with spending a 4th rounder or later on a back.

If we wanna be a “2 headed monster”, run first team, I’d want 3 good backs.  

Besides, the day that either Chubb or Hunt or both aren’t going to be here will isn’t that far off, probably halfway through this current rookie class’s deal.

Chubba Hubbard in the 5th???

Chubb/Hunt.....and Chubba Hubbard...the name already aligns....

• Like 3

The other thing that's more likely to happen this year (this happens every year, but I think it happens more this year due to circumstances)...

Some of the media consensus and the real FO rankings aren't going to jive.  Guys that the media think are 2nd and 3rd rounders will go in the 1st and vice versa.

Wouldn't be shocked if our FO really liked guys that are generally pegged as 2nd rounders (Asante Samuel, Joe Tryon, Payton Turner, Jevon Holland, etc).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Wouldn't be shocked if our FO really liked guys that are generally pegged as 2nd rounders (Asante Samuel, Joe Tryon, Payton Turner, Jevon Holland, etc).

Samuel and Holland immediately came to mind for me as well. Holland has A LOT of position flexibility both in the slot and as a safety, and Samuel IMO is criminally underrated. The only "knock" against him is his average at best height for the position.

• Like 1