College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You all want Von Miller and he really is Jarvis Jones 

Oh, come one now, he’s a better athlete and prospect that Jones was.

Jones was 23 and by just about every metric an awful athlete for the position.

Ojulari is 20 and is much faster/stronger.

I get he’s undersized and looks to be more of a DPR or 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 base end right now, but there’s a good bit of growth potential there that didn’t really exist for Jones.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, come one now, he’s a better athlete and prospect that Jones was.

Jones was 23 and by just about every metric an awful athlete for the position.

Ojulari is 20 and is much faster/stronger.

I get he’s undersized and looks to be more of a DPR or 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 base end right now, but there’s a good bit of growth potential there that didn’t really exist for Jones.

I'll happily eat crow if the guy pans out, but I do not like him at all, and not because of size. He never dominated a OT worth a damn, Literally every one of his sacks were against guys who won't step foot in the NFL.

He was nowhere to be found against Alex Leatherwood and James Hudson who were the best 2 tackles he played against and now all of the sudden a guy with above average athletic ability and no refined technique is supposed to go up a level and dominate Trent Williams and David Bakhtiari, I doubt it.

I'm not bagging on this guy for no reason, I looked at everything and I just don't see it, but like I said, I'll gladly eat crow if he pans out. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'll happily eat crow if the guy pans out, but I do not like him at all, and not because of size. He never dominated a OT worth a damn, Literally every one of his sacks were against guys who won't step foot in the NFL.

He was nowhere to be found against Alex Leatherwood and James Hudson who were the best 2 tackles he played against and now all of the sudden a guy with above average athletic ability and no refined technique is supposed to go up a level and dominate Trent Williams and David Bakhtiari, I doubt it.

I'm not bagging on this guy for no reason, I looked at everything and I just don't see it, but like I said, I'll gladly eat crow if he pans out. 

That’s fair.

I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge fan either.  I’m a simple animal perhaps but I prefer larger DE’s, 6’4+, 260+.  I just think Ojulari looks like either a 3-4 OLB or a DPR, neither of which I’d love at 26.

Payton Turner or Ossai at 59 would be my choice tbh.

Ossai looks like a dude that checks a lot of the nerd’s boxes.

• Like 2

From purely a "need" standpoint, I want a dominant EDGE guy or lockdown CB, or a disruptive interior DT.

I don't really see ANY EDGE or Dominant DT that's going to be a pure pass rusher (Barmore I'm still kinda unsure about either way), so IMO there are 4 CB I'd take in the first round that I'd like.

If none of them are available, we are in a position to go BPA anywhere except for RB, QB, or TE (Pitts will be long gone)...so that means if we can get some stud WR, S, or off ball linebacker/hybrid guy, go for it as it will only help. 

Not seeing this edge talk when you have Garrett, Clowney and McKinley, but I do think you're a #2 CB away from being up there with KC, Baltimore and Buffalo in the elite tier of the AFC. For that reason, would you guys consider trading a fairly large haul to get up to 7/8/9 for Surtain or Horn?

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Not seeing this edge talk when you have Garrett, Clowney and McKinley, but I do think you're a #2 CB away from being up there with KC, Baltimore and Buffalo in the elite tier of the AFC. For that reason, would you guys consider trading a fairly large haul to get up to 7/8/9 for Surtain or Horn?

I am a Clowney believer, but he’s 28, been bounced around multiple times, and is injury prone. I also like Takk, but he’s been a bust. They’re both signed on 1 year deals.

5 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I'd be SHOCKED with our analytic driven FO if we traded up to that range. I wouldn't rule out a trade down/smaller trade up after R1, but IMO I don't think that high for that price.

I'm starting too see the light. We need another consistent CB (one that isn't injury prone) to start opposite Denzel. It's worth trading up ahead a few spots to do it IMO. 

I also like Barmore if he's there, almost by default, since it's kind of a weak IDL draft. 

Also someone that would be down for a WR. 

Don't think we'll be in the market for a first round pick for a guy that theoretically is 2nd-string and plays as part of a rotation when we have a couple of holes we could use a genuine starter at. 

• Like 1