College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

19 hours ago, zelbell said:

In today’s NFL, you can never have too many good DBs.

look at our situation last year, we were playing STers in a playoff game because of injuries. Having a group of Ward, Greedy, Hill, and an early draft pick wouldn’t be a detriment

I totally agree 100%

but I’m not forcing it if Zaven Collins is there. I want multiple corners in the draft but to spend a first round pick for a player on a player who may not be groomed to start isn’t maximizing value. To me if Greedy has a great year he’s a starter going forward. Then you have Troy and Denzel. Instead of spending a first on a rotational but valuable player. I’d rather draft someone who can play all 3 downs for me consistently. 

Get me a corner in the second or third. Until I know Greedy isn’t it. Either that or go up and trade for Surtain or Horn and just finalize they’re the expected starter over Greedy. 

I just think Greedy could be good still. And even if your plan is cutting Troy later. You can replace him with a nickel corner or another FA you don’t have to have a first rounder as your nickel. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sonny44 said:

Baker was a top 5 QB the last half of the season last year.  I don't see him regressing under Stefanski.

This board does not want to extend him instead of a Dak contract

they want a Mahomes contract then trade Obj and Landry plus let Chubb walk it is ok we can replace all 3 with draft picks

48 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

This board does not want to extend him instead of a Dak contract

they want a Mahomes contract then trade Obj and Landry plus let Chubb walk it is ok we can replace all 3 with draft picks

You and @pf9 should be friends and hangout some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Azeez checks all of the boxes:

Length

Athleticism

Played against SEC

Fills a potential hole

Just my opinion, but scheme versatility

How does he fair against the run though? That is the only thing that worries me.

might not be a problem this year since we have Clowney but something to consider

36 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

f7d46ee27a5b5f60d080e0302cb3dce5.jpg

Been a good year 

as you know I feel very strongly about edges if they drop to 15 but the difference between them is not that far so is it worth it.

I am sticking with Rousseau on a trade up at least he has sacks against nfl quality lineman.

second round  Eric stokes

3rd round Tutu Atwell

ok guys feel free to rip it up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Been a good year 

as you know I feel very strongly about edges if they drop to 15 but the difference between them is not that far so is it worth it.

I am sticking with Rousseau on a trade up at least he has sacks against nfl quality lineman.

3rd round Tutu Atwell

Well we're about to see in a week who goes where. I have Rousseau ranked lower but understand why folks like him a lot. Folks are torn on Stokes too, but I like him at pick 59 if he makes it there. Atwell...just depends who is on the board, I suppose. He definitely has some upside. And you might as well do an entire 7 round mock in your own thread.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Been a good year 

3rd round Tutu Atwell

Tutu atwell makes a lot of sense at the end of day 2, beginning of day 3. 

10 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Tutu atwell makes a lot of sense at the end of day 2, beginning of day 3. 

I personally am 100% against drafting a guy that's smaller than I was in the 7th grade before R5. (Literally, not using hyperbole)

• Like 1