College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Thought I’d never say this:

If we pick in the 20’s, trade down. I’m not necessarily interested in future picks, but I’d like multiple mid to late round picks.

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

We need quantity of depth over a single quality starter right now.  Our high end talent is as good as anyone’s in the league.  Need depth.

Scheme tendencies: Run-heavy offense, frequent under center alignments, wide zone, and inside power concepts

2021 projected role: Starting center

Pros: Linderbaum possesses the natural movement skills and functional athleticism to be a high-end starting center in an outside/wide zone Shanahan-style offense. 

The quickness in which Linderbaum gets out of the blocks is super impressive and you can see his wrestling background shine with his ability to win leverage points and successfully claiming gaps even if he’s leveraged at the snap. Linderbaum has the necessary build to transition his game to the pros and have much of the same success as he stylistically has now—he’s built low and condensed which gives him natural pad level advantages. Body control is another area of Linderbaum’s game that stands out as a major plus trait. He’s able to hinge open his hips and attack laterally without compromising his functional power up top.

Iowa got very creative with him in the screen game and a creative play-caller will be able to cook up any number of different variations of releases out of run looks to get him out in front on delay screens or tunnel screens. Linderbaum plays with tenacity on the inside, too—he very much has the demeanor of a starting center in the NFL. 

If Tretter is the odd man out, Tyler Linderbaum is the PERFECT fit at center for our offense. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/tyler-linderbaum

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

He'll be long gone, unfortunately. He should go top 15-20 and I don't see us trading up for a center.

You’re right, but if he slips, I’d 100% draft him.

The front office has proven how much they value the offensive line. We’re basically trying to be like Washington in the 80’s with the Hogs or the late 90’s Broncos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You’re right, but if he slips, I’d 100% draft him.

The front office has proven how much they value the offensive line. We’re basically trying to be like Washington in the 80’s with the Hogs or the late 90’s Broncos.

I still expect OL, DE or CB with like 90% of our first rounders with this regime.

With Teller coming back we can probably scratch OL, and we probably won’t go CB after last year, so I’m guessing DE.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I still expect OL, DE or CB with like 90% of our first rounders with this regime.

With Teller coming back we can probably scratch OL, and we probably won’t go CB after last year, so I’m guessing DE.

If we're not planning to re-sign Conklin I could see a first round tackle. The draft class is fairly deep this year.

• Like 1

I’ve not been scouting offensive linemen much. However, I bet we draft another OT in round 3 or 4. Max Mitchell of Louisiana makes sense.

I like Blake Hance, but I want Hudson moved to guard. Hudson is a pitbull and could be a fantastic swing guard longterm.

Edited by candyman93