College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even if we do bring him back, it’s still a top 2-3 need imo.

OL/DE in R1 imo.

Do we dare move on from Tretter or Conklin in order to afford Teller (or just because our FA doesn't want to extend them?)?

WR, maybe TE (depending on Njoku), S (depending on Harrison) day 2.

I'd be happy extending Njoku if it's reasonable enough. Something tells me he tests free agency and gets more money elsewhere, unfortunately.

OL, DT, CB and LB day 3.

I would agree with all those as needs though could see punting--add punter to the day-3 list, confirmed--on DT for a year just because of all the young players under contract, as well as McDowell possibly being the guy.

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

If they are willing to go 1st round WR…..burks GWilson or Olave would be cool with me.

something tells me that the Ivy’s won’t deem WR to be worth that commodity though

Ravens are very analytical as well and they deemed WR worthy that late.

think drafting late in the 1st is the best spot for WRs, IOL, and LBs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Do we dare move on from Tretter or Conklin in order to afford Teller (or just because our FA doesn't want to extend them?)?

I doubt it tbh.  Tackle is a harder position to fill.

I'd be happy extending Njoku if it's reasonable enough. Something tells me he tests free agency and gets more money elsewhere, unfortunately.

It wouldn’t surprise me if 

I would agree with all those as needs though could see punting--add punter to the day-3 list,

I hope they get the punter situation figured out before then.  JK Scott perhaps? 

confirmed--on DT for a year just because of all the young players under contract, as well as McDowell possibly being the guy.

Malik is another one who could get expensive 

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Also my “Saquon Barkley / Deebo Samuel / Rondale Moore” offensive stud is Tyler Badie of Missouri.

Which one does he remind you of? Those guys are all way different from one another (other than explosive and can break tackles(?)).

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Which one does he remind you of? Those guys are all way different from one another (other than explosive and can break tackles(?)).

Probably Deebo. He’s not a home run threat every time he touches it, but he’s very difficult to tackle and can break a long play.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Malik is another one who could get expensive 

Still think his history holds him down and Lack off a track record keeps his price down. Hopefully he is willing to work with the browns since they are willing to give him a chance 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

When was the last draft class that was potentially as bad as the 2022 one, at the quarterback position? It’s next level. To the point that some teams could make some desperate off-season acquisitions to avoid having to reach in the draft.

I'm not moving Keenum for less than two firsts.

• Like 2