College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Really like Foskey.

Its going to be interesting to see how this draft plays out. Browns could go so many ways.

Do you draft WRs? There could be a real stud that falls. I really like this WR class. Do you go after a DE that falls? I think it depends on Clowney. If your Clowney and you  have a great year, do you stay to try and really get your career going and stop going from team to team and stay with Myles. Picking that late, you could snag the best center in the draft and give Baker the center he will spend his career with. You cut Tretter next offseason and that could save close to $9m. That savings could be what is used to keep Clowney too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Picking that late, you could snag the best center in the draft and give Baker the center he will spend his career with.

I’ve thought about this too. Tyler Linderbaum of Iowa would be a fantastic pick if we’re selecting in the very low 20’s or 30’s. It’s becoming harder and harder to find good offensive linemen.

I think Clowney balls out and we resign him.

I think our WR core will go through a overhaul. However, we should just use 2nd and 3rd round picks for that group. It’s the opposite of offensive linemen. It’s easier and easier finding WRs every year.

Edited by candyman93

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve thought about this too. Tyler Linderbaum of Iowa would be a fantastic pick if we’re selecting in the very low 20’s or 30’s. It’s becoming harder and harder to find good offensive linemen.

I think Clowney balls out and we resign him.

I think our WR core will go through a overhaul. However, we should just use 2nd and 3rd round picks for that group. It’s the opposite of offensive linemen. It’s easier and easier finding WRs every year.

Yep and it’s weird it’s like having the likes of landry/OBJ/Higgins has allowed the browns to actually develop the young WRs. Years past we would prolly ruin the likes of a DPJ, Hodge, And etc by forcing them to be #1s and #2s before they were ready. We might have our next group of WRs ready to over take Landry and OBJ and allow us to start developing the next batch

it be nice to try and Land one of the Ohio state WRs but if not, go grab the best center. You do that and they can develop and learn from Bit/Teller/Conk. We can walk away with bakers extension knowing we have the 2 most Important lineman for him in LT and C

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jordan Davis of Georgia is a guy I like. 6’6 330 NT and moves really well for his size.

I don’t get the sense the FO wants those enormous dudes.  They seem to favor smaller guys who offer a bit more quickness.

As far as enormous dudes who are also quick, like Vea, I don’t ever seeing them spending the pick it would require to draft such a guy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t get the sense the FO wants those enormous dudes.  They seem to favor smaller guys who offer a bit more quickness.

As far as enormous dudes who are also quick, like Vea, I don’t ever seeing them spending the pick it would require to draft such a guy.

They want length. Myles, Jadeveon, and Malik are all 6’5.

• Like 1

He could slide into the locker room and assist the clubhouse guys in untying players shoes.

Thats about the extent of his positives.

Do the stats back up in any way "Elite against the run"....If so...what are his stats against teams that aren't Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska, etc...

Dude hasn't done jack crap in any games I have seen, then gets hyped up this season as someone who is comparable to Joey Bosa (and no, i am not kidding...that has happened).

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:12 PM, buno67 said:

Its going to be interesting to see how this draft plays out. Browns could go so many ways.

Do you draft WRs? There could be a real stud that falls. I really like this WR class. Do you go after a DE that falls? I think it depends on Clowney. If your Clowney and you  have a great year, do you stay to try and really get your career going and stop going from team to team and stay with Myles. Picking that late, you could snag the best center in the draft and give Baker the center he will spend his career with. You cut Tretter next offseason and that could save close to $9m. That savings could be what is used to keep Clowney too

I doubt they draft WR R1 tbh. 

I could see DE or IOL.  I think WR will be a lot of day 2 picks and then let them develop.

I think the positions we're most likely to draft early at this point are DT, DE, and C. Tretter is getting old, Clowney is an uncertainty at this point and so too is our DT stable. I could make a case for a WR, TE, and G, but we'll likely look at those in the middle rounds. 

It's early but Aidan Hutchinson, DeMarvin Leal, and Tyler Linderbaum have to be the favorites for us at pick #32. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

He could slide into the locker room and assist the clubhouse guys in untying players shoes.

Thats about the extent of his positives.

Do the stats back up in any way "Elite against the run"....If so...what are his stats against teams that aren't Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska, etc...

Dude hasn't done jack crap in any games I have seen, then gets hyped up this season as someone who is comparable to Joey Bosa (and no, i am not kidding...that has happened).

That's a lot of words to say **** Michigan.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I doubt they draft WR R1 tbh. 

I could see DE or IOL.  I think WR will be a lot of day 2 picks and then let them develop.

It really depends. Picking late, you can go so many ways and if a stud WR falls, it might be worth it to draft.  Potentially we could lose Jarvis OBJ and Higgins next year, so getting a stud in the draft to pair with DPJ could be a potential plan. I just know I would love to see Baker with Olave

its weird drafts seem like they will be more fun becuase of the possibilities. Years past we knew we were picking high and only picking a select group of players. This year we were discussing a bunch of different DEs, DTs, CBS, and LBs

Edited by buno67