College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It really depends. Picking late, you can go so many ways and if a stud WR falls, it might be worth it to draft.

I mean, sure, but you can say that about most positions.  “If a stud is there…”

Im just basing this off the fact that WR is not one of the key positions identified in their guardrails.  Maybe I’m wrong, but I think those positions are where we’re gonna see the bulk of our first rounders.  That’s been the case so far anyway.

Potentially we could lose Jarvis OBJ and Higgins next year, so getting a stud in the draft to pair with DPJ could be a potential plan.

Well we’re not “losing” them.  Only Higgins is a FA and if he produces he’ll likely be resigned, especially if the other 2 are gone.

As far as Juice and OBJ, they’re under contract, so we only lose them if we choose to.  

We’ll clearly address the position at some point, but I’d imagine we’ll do that most years. I just don’t think the upcoming need for talent will push them to drafting a WR R1.

I just know I would love to see Baker with Olave

yeah, sure, what tOSU fan wouldn’t?

its weird drafts seem like they will be more fun becuase of the possibilities. Years past we knew we were picking high and only picking a select group of players. This year we were discussing a bunch of different DEs, DTs, CBS, and LBs

Completely agree, it’s much more fun to look at the draft as hopefully adding some good players to a stacked team rather than putting the hope and future of your franchise on some improved kid.

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Would love for the browns to ended up with Olave or Wilson. Not even because they are Ohio St guys but they are just so talented.

Wilson and DPJ would be a pretty athletically gifted duo to have 

Not me neither blocks well enough to replace landry and Obj.

43 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Not me neither blocks well enough to replace landry and Obj.

Olave might be the best WR in the nation and Garrett is one of the most talented WRs in the nation, you wouldn’t take either because they don’t block well enough? Now if they were just avg WRs like  say Hodge, you gotta make up for some of your weaknesses by being a great blocker. There is a reason he didn’t make the cut because his blocking ability wasn’t just going to cut it. 

Also either of them aren’t asked to be these amazing blockers but you look at last year and the year before, they block well enough that the RBs can make plays down field. Dobbins doesn’t rush for 2000yards if the WRs aren’t willing blockers and Sermon doesn’t go off at the end of the season with out WRs willing to block. 

Olave and Wilson are willing to block and that’s exactly what you want from WRs with their abilities. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Olave might be the best WR in the nation and Garrett is one of the most talented WRs in the nation, you wouldn’t take either because they don’t block well enough? Now if they were just avg WRs like  say Hodge, you gotta make up for some of your weaknesses by being a great blocker. There is a reason he didn’t make the cut because his blocking ability wasn’t just going to cut it. 

Also either of them aren’t asked to be these amazing blockers but you look at last year and the year before, they block well enough that the RBs can make plays down field. Dobbins doesn’t rush for 2000yards if the WRs aren’t willing blockers and Sermon doesn’t go off at the end of the season with out WRs willing to block. 

Olave and Wilson are willing to block and that’s exactly what you want from WRs with their abilities. 

😀