College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

I’ve got mixed feelings on the state of college football. If you’re a purist, you hate how it is. I’m referring to college kids skipping games and bowls.

I think it’s smart. I want every single kid to focus on the NFL and get paid. Obviously they can be compensated in college now, but NIL deals are peanuts compared to the big boy stage.

I love OSU, but Browns >>>> Buckeyes for me and it will always be that way. I want every single Garrett Wilson type to declare. Flood the NFL with talent, because some of it will hopefully trickle to Cleveland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Brock Bowers is going to be prime Gronk if he continues to develop physically.

True freshmen and he’s the best tight end in college football easily.

Eh... Michael Mayer is definitely up there

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve got mixed feelings on the state of college football. If you’re a purist, you hate how it is. I’m referring to college kids skipping games and bowls.

I think it’s smart. I want every single kid to focus on the NFL and get paid. Obviously they can be compensated in college now, but NIL deals are peanuts compared to the big boy stage.

I love OSU, but Browns >>>> Buckeyes for me and it will always be that way. I want every single Garrett Wilson type to declare. Flood the NFL with talent, because some of it will hopefully trickle to Cleveland.

One way to look at it is maybe a guy who was overlooked gets a shot to be seen, he could be just as good as the guy declaring. (Especially schools who perpetually horde 5* talent).

Look at Alabama a few years ago, they had Derrick Henry,Kenyan Drake, TJ Yeldon then Alvin Kamara was stuck behind all of those studs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Eh... Michael Mayer is definitely up there

One way to look at it is maybe a guy who was overlooked gets a shot to be seen, he could be just as good as the guy declaring. (Especially schools who perpetually horde 5* talent).

Look at Alabama a few years ago, they had Derrick Henry,Kenyan Drake, TJ Yeldon then Alvin Kamara was stuck behind all of those studs.

I agree with you.

This will rub some the wrong way, but I’m willing to compromise college football if it makes the NFL better.

College football screwed the NFL over with 1 read spread offenses for a few years. That crap was never going to work for long in the NFL due to the physicality difference. So you had QBs never coached to read defenses and just relied on their legs.

Clemson and LSU kinda forced the Alabama and OSU’s to get better QB play.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1