College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

On 1/20/2022 at 4:38 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Treylon Burks = Andre Johnson 

- Look for names like BJ Hill, Sebastian Joseph, Maliek Collins, Tim Settle as talent FA guys who can come in and be what Malik McDowell was

- Also because of our sudden need at DT, don't sleep on a trade for a guy like Daron Payne 

Am totally on the Burks hype train. He is the WR i want more than any others. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pscottdai said:

I thought he was a volume guy at first but after taking a dive into his game im sold, Burks is a dude, when I watched him Andre Johnson came to mind with a little bit of peak Josh Gordon 

10 hours ago, pscottdai said:

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I thought he was a volume guy at first but after taking a dive into his game im sold, Burks is a dude, when I watched him Andre Johnson came to mind with a little bit of peak Josh Gordon 

Burks is my personal WR #1 with Wilson as my WR #2 and then a fairly large dropoff/gap after that, with some dudes I like R2 or later (Ross, London, Metchie, Williams, maybe Bell from Purdue albeit I think he's physically capped out and a pure possession guy).

Burks gives me some real T.O. or A.J. Brown vibes and I can buy Andre as well. I think if he tests well he's going to vault up the board. He's got great production in college and if the testing numbers are there, he's my favorite WR prospect and pick if he's there at 13.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Burks is my personal WR #1 with Wilson as my WR #2 and then a fairly large dropoff/gap after that, with some dudes I like R2 or later (Ross, London, Metchie, Williams, maybe Bell from Purdue albeit I think he's physically capped out and a pure possession guy).

Burks gives me some real T.O. or A.J. Brown vibes and I can buy Andre as well. I think if he tests well he's going to vault up the board. He's got great production in college and if the testing numbers are there, he's my favorite WR prospect and pick if he's there at 13.

I see 4.38 and 42in vert

I love Treylon Burks physical tools but I feel that Garrett Wilson is a much more polished WR.  I watched a 17 minute highlight video of Treylon Burks and from my perspective, 90% of his receptions came from bubble screens, slants, streaks, and receptions out of the backfield.  Don't get me wrong, Wilson gets receptions that way as well but I think Wilsons WR tree is more extensive and his ability to run routes are more crisp.  Wilson would be my pick if we go WR.

Peace!!!

Hairgel Mel has London ahead of Wilson at WR on his big board. I wouldn’t be surprised after workouts and measurements and everything is Drake London ends up being the high profile, freak, talked about wide receiver coming out of this draft. I’m not saying he couldn’t end up being a great player but I would also be fine if someone ahead of us took him and we took one of the more sure things at the position.

4 hours ago, cortes02 said:

I love Treylon Burks physical tools but I feel that Garrett Wilson is a much more polished WR.  I watched a 17 minute highlight video of Treylon Burks and from my perspective, 90% of his receptions came from bubble screens, slants, streaks, and receptions out of the backfield.  Don't get me wrong, Wilson gets receptions that way as well but I think Wilsons WR tree is more extensive and his ability to run routes are more crisp.  Wilson would be my pick if we go WR.

Peace!!!

I am as Pro Buckeye as there is but if our WR coach does what he is supposed to do I think Burks has best WR in the league type of upside.

Conversely, if we draft a Buckeye WR (as long as he isnt Brian Robiskie) id be good with that too

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I am as Pro Buckeye as there is but if our WR coach does what he is supposed to do I think Burks has best WR in the league type of upside.

Conversely, if we draft a Buckeye WR (as long as he isnt Brian Robiskie) id be good with that too

I will never forget that draft. Three second round picks and we took Brian Robiskie, David Veikune, and Mohamed Massaquoi. MoMass was the only one I remotely thought could play. Those other two couldn’t play dead in a western. The one time they finally took a Buckeye too.

• Like 3