College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

23 hours ago, candyman93 said:

For me, I’m just wondering if he could be like Brian Urlacher. 

Urlacher played a LOT of safety at New Mexico State.

you really cant compared Urlacher to anyone or anyone to him. Urlacher was a different kind of dude in college. It was crazy. 

"He finished his career with 442 tackles, three interceptions, 11 sacks, and 11 forced fumbles. Outside of defense, he caught six touchdown passes, and returned five kicks for touchdowns."

There are versatile players and then there is Urlacher

I know in college he played inthe 3-3-5 and he was that LB/Safety hybrid for that team. Its almost like they had him stacked behind the LB and it made it very hard for blocking scheme to account for him.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

you really cant compared Urlacher to anyone or anyone to him. Urlacher was a different kind of dude in college. It was crazy. 

"He finished his career with 442 tackles, three interceptions, 11 sacks, and 11 forced fumbles. Outside of defense, he caught six touchdown passes, and returned five kicks for touchdowns."

There are versatile players and then there is Urlacher

I know in college he played inthe 3-3-5 and he was that LB/Safety hybrid for that team. Its almost like they had him stacked behind the LB and it made it very hard for blocking scheme to account for him.

Jabril peppers

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

Peppers got moved each year cause he was a liability at his previous positions…

Not even remotely true. He got moved because he went to Michigan and they are arguably the best school in the country at wasting talent.

Every season they manage to less with more than just about any program.

So about 155 players are considering boycotting the combine. If this becomes a new norm, I don’t think it’s a bad idea. 

Have lesser known guys come and participate. I’m talking about the guys that really need to prove themselves.

The combine invited 324 guys this year.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

So about 155 players are considering boycotting the combine. If this becomes a new norm, I don’t think it’s a bad idea. 

Have lesser known guys come and participate. I’m talking about the guys that really need to prove themselves.

The combine invited 324 guys this year.

What they should be doing is paying these fellas.

The combine and draft has become a huge television and media event an everyone is making money except the actual talent.

I wish they’d make the combine more like medical evaluations and interviews and then let the guys test at their pro days. The structure of it is the problem and not the combine itself IMO. Laser timed 40s and Olympic certified 225 pounds is fine anywhere IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What they should be doing is paying these fellas.

The combine and draft has become a huge television and media event an everyone is making money except the actual talent.

How do you decide who gets paid what? Also, realize you’re paying these guys to interview. Lastly, do you pay guys who do pro days?

Who would get that money? The university? It’s the schools resources and I doubt it makes their school that much more prestigious to recruits. Recruits kinda already know what schools will send you to the NFL.

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

How do you decide who gets paid what?

Lol like every other work related event, I’m sure it could be figured out.  This should be negotiated as part of the CBA.  

Also, realize you’re paying these guys to interview.

Are all interviews done in public? You’re paying them for using their talents and abilities for profit. Don’t be obtuse.

Lastly, do you pay guys who do pro days?

If they want to be paid to participate, sure.  Why should everyone else be making money but them?

Who would get that money? The university?

I’m sure they are already.  Or at a minimum plenty of ROI on the free education they give.

It’s the schools resources and I doubt it makes their school that much more prestigious to recruits.

well for private schools sure, but they’re really state resources for a lot of these programs. I’ll care about their resources when they aren’t partially paid for by tax dollars. Or by revenue generated from people who pay to see these kids compete. 

And I didn’t say schools couldn’t profit, just that the athletes should too.  Those aren’t mutually exclusive. 

• Like 1