College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I figured that was going to happen.....as much money as the NFL makes over the Combine weekend, as well as the gateway to the talking season for the draft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at this receiver class again. 

it’s freaking loaded. We’ve got to double up and take advantage. Whoever we get at 13 I want to also make sure we get a guy like Justyn Ross or George Pickens later. Get one of those major upside guys. They were bonafide first rounders before injuries 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, brownie man said:

it’s freaking loaded. We’ve got to double up and take advantage. Whoever we get at 13 I want to also make sure we get a guy like Justyn Ross or George Pickens later. Get one of those major upside guys. They were bonafide first rounders before injuries 

Pickens especially is a guy I'd move into the early, early 2nd for. Christian Watson is a really, really interesting small school guy too (he's maybe more late 2nd right now). But yeah, with the history of paying up for FA receivers, unless we could get Godwin or Allen Robinson, gimme a guy in the 1st and another in the 2nd/3rd.

52 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I agree with you. If the right guy is there in the first round, take him. Then take another high upside guy later on.

Just now, FGK said:
53 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Pickens especially is a guy I'd move into the early, early 2nd for. Christian Watson is a really, really interesting small school guy too (he's maybe more late 2nd right now). But yeah, with the history of paying up for FA receivers, unless we could get Godwin or Allen Robinson, gimme a guy in the 1st and another in the 2nd/3rd.

In my perfect world, I get Allen Robinson in FA, Garrett Wilson R1, and Justyn Ross/Metchie/Pickens D2 or D3. A corps of:

Robinson, DPJ, Wilson, Ross/Metchie/Pickens and Schwartz is a complete revamp with a mixture of youth and veteran presence.

• Like 1

Do people still watch the combine like they used to? I am interested in some of the measurables but outside of some of those things, the performances don’t really change much for me. Unless it’s a vicious outlier. I think the biggest thing with the combine anymore or the medical things that go on which we don’t see.

1 minute ago, FGK said:

I’ve got I watch Watson and a few more guys my. I’m excited for Saturday it’s going to be great to see these guys compete. 

I think Burks is going to eventually be WR 1. He’s going to kill it this weekend 

• Like 1

Just now, NateDawg said:

Do people still watch the combine like they used to? I am interested in some of the measurables but outside of some of those things, the performances don’t really change much for me. Unless it’s a vicious outlier. I think the biggest thing with the combine anymore or the medical things that go on which we don’t see.

Medical and my favorite game:

Who is dumb enough to test positive for drugs at the combine when they know that they're going to be tested for drugs at the combine?

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

In my perfect world, I get Allen Robinson in FA, Garrett Wilson R1, and Justyn Ross/Metchie/Pickens D2 or D3. A corps of:

Robinson, DPJ, Wilson, Ross/Metchie/Pickens and Schwartz is a complete revamp with a mixture of youth and veteran presence.

If we take a wide receiver in the first round, I think I would prefer to find a higher upside guy or a speedster in about the fourth round rather than going back to back. Other teams find guys capable of being affective in a role, I hope we find a way to do the same. If we get a stud defensive player in the first round though because a couple of the elite guys have gone, we definitely have to get a receiver in the second round or even possibly move up because there is going to be a tier drop off after those elite guys. 

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If we take a wide receiver in the first round, I think I would prefer to find a higher upside guy or a speedster in about the fourth round rather than going back to back. Other teams find guys capable of being affective in a role, I hope we find a way to do the same. If we get a stud defensive player in the first round though because a couple of the elite guys have gone, we definitely have to get a receiver in the second round or even possibly move up because there is going to be a tier drop off after those elite guys. 

If our guy(s) aren't there at the WR spot, I'd look for us to trade back to stockpile picks for a future war chest move up to get a QB in 2023 and beyond.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’m cool with 1st 2nd and 3rd round receivers in all honesty

the whole room needs replaced

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Most likely either one of the top 2 receivers on our board will be there at 13 or a stud defensive player that shouldn’t be there. 

but honestly unless it’d Hutchinson Kayvon or Hamilton I’m not taking a defensive player. 

I’d take Walker at 13.