College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

9 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Would the Browns reach on a Jermaine Johnson DE out of FSU or Ojabo if

Hutchinson

Thibodeaux

Walker

Karlaftis  

are all off the board?  Are they reaches?

Johnson isn't really a reach but still think he doesn't go until late first. Ojabo seems like a reach. I still want Davis over them all really, maybe not Hutch.

On 3/13/2022 at 5:39 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Travon Walker: 5/5

Hutchinson: 4/5 (4th year player)

Thibodeaux: 5/5

Karlaftis: 5/5

David Ojabo: 2/5 (one year of production, late bloomer, age)

Jermaine Johnson: 3/5 (age, late bloomer) 

Kingsley Enagbare: 3/5 (age, athleticism)

Drake Jackson: 5/5* (only tested jumps, but both were good)

Boye Mafe: 4/5 (age, will turn 24 in season)

Myjai Sanders: 3/5: (age, conference)

Cameron Thomas: 3/5* (has not tested, conference)

I’m finding out rather quickly that either captains aren’t listed or they’re changing game to game.  Or I’m a moron who can’t find them.  Or some combination.

Captain is a bonus, but I’m just not finding it easily so I’m going to ignore it. We can just post the other 5 categories.

21 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Would the Browns reach on a Jermaine Johnson DE out of FSU or Ojabo if

Hutchinson

Thibodeaux

Walker

Karlaftis  

are all off the board?  Are they reaches?

I think if they’re all gone you’re looking for who’s left.  Maybe Davis, maybe a WR, maybe Hamilton or even a tackle.

Neither of the two you mentioned fits their profile at all.  Small sample size though, and maybe there are exceptions.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Johnson isn't really a reach but still think he doesn't go until late first. Ojabo seems like a reach. I still want Davis over them all really, maybe not Hutch.

I like the mountain....and you can find a DE and WR in the 2nd and 3rd

Jordan Davis

Cameron Thomas

Romeo Doubs

I still find it hard to pass on a DE like Karlaftis or Walker if there at 13....or  Wilson if we go WR.

Not sure if it is possible..but if Jordan Davis turns out to be a bigger version of Donald...that would be amazing!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I like the mountain....and you can find a DE and WR in the 2nd and 3rd

Jordan Davis

Cameron Thomas

Romeo Doubs

I still find it hard to pass on a DE like Karlaftis or Walker if there at 13....or  Wilson if we go WR.

Not sure if it is possible..but if Jordan Davis turns out to be a bigger version of Donald...that would be amazing!

Davis is the best player coming out of Georgia this year. Walker didn't really even flash for me TBH, though his athleticism and age makes him a solid pick, depending on who is there when we pick. Davis is the guy, though. It's impossible not to see him influencing the game on pretty much every play. He's like a bigger Suh.

I haven't really watched a Thomas, but folks seem to like him. Doubs with a third rounder is 😍. Someone good is making it to the third. I love this draft class and hope we find a way to make more picks.

Edited by NudeTayne

Free agency is still in full swing, but I think the pick was going to be Walker until he shot up draft boards. Unless we trade up, I don't see that working out. I'd say the same thing applies to Jermaine Johnson as well though he's a little less stout in the run than we like our DE opposite Myles to be. If I had to make a (short) big board of players likely for the Browns to pick and likely to be available at 13 it looks like this: 

1. George Karlaftis, DE

2. Garrett Wilson, WR

3. Jordan Davis, DT

• Like 1