College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He has all the athletic ability to be an elite player in the NFL, but he doesn’t have any bend to be a legitimate pass rusher. He’s going to affect the game though and knock a bunch of passes down, I think he will be a really good DE2 for someone.

I think you don’t give his length any credit, he made a lot of plays for his lack of bend with length, this was the same argument against Gregory Rousseau and he doing just fine.

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think you don’t give his length any credit, he made a lot of plays for his lack of bend with length, this was the same argument against Gregory Rousseau and he doing just fine.

I actually really like him as a player. I just don’t think he is going to get very many sacks because of his lack of pass rushing moves. He’s going to be affective though, because he has athletic freak length and abilities. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Washington falling to Pittsburgh is the most Steelers thing ever

The pick just made too much sense, it seemed to be where I was afraid he was going to go all along. Dude is a mauler and if his health eventually checks out, he is going to give us problems for a long time. I am wondering if the health concerns that scared teams off are his readiness for 2023 camp, or if it’s more of a long-term concern for teams. If it’s just for the onset of this season, some teams really missed out.

Edited by NateDawg

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

The pick just made too much sense, it seemed to be where I was afraid he was going to go all along. Dude is a mauler and if his health eventually checks out, he is going to give us problems for a long time. I am wondering if the health concerns that scared teams off are his readiness for 2023 camp, or if it’s more of a long-term concern for teams. If it’s just for the onset of this season, some teams really missed out.

NFL dudes get knees cleaned up and minor stuff done all the time.  Off the top of my head there’s no short term concern with a knee that likely wouldn’t already have been cleaned up or could be done now and fine by camp.

Generally speaking anything knee related that would scare teams off would be a long term issue. Of course they said the same thing about Myles Jack and he played like 6-7 seasons..

If TE was a need for us Id have been all for it.  Wouldn’t have been disappointed if we took him as is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Same, So nothing new than any other year 😂

Lol right?

But seriously, well, kinda.  I can almost always see the rationale, what they could contribute, etc but don’t always love the picks. David Bell is an example of that.  

I think Tillman is at worst a 3/4 type receiver who actually had the ability to play outside.  I think it’s not unreasonable to think he develops into a solid #2 type.

Ika at a minimum should be a difference maker inside on run downs. Maybe that’s a down limited dude or whatever, but that’s fine late 3rd imo.  Just bring in dudes who have a skill that can help now while they round out their game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Really solid draft. Added some much needed depth.

If I have to pick only 1, Dawand Jones could definitely be the best player from this class for us. He needs to lose some weight though.

I think they’re planning on him replacing Jack at some point 

• Like 1