College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

38 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Love Ventrell Miller. He can flyyyyy as an inside backer. He’s got some Roquan Smith to his game. 

This is what we need at LB. 

Goodson is solid, but not fast, same with Takitaki (cant believe I just typed that).  Wilson isn’t good enough to matter tbh.

We need an explosive, fast dude.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Goodson is solid, but not fast, same with Takitaki (cant believe I just typed that).  Wilson isn’t good enough to matter tbh.

I thought that was Wilson but he just cant process the mental side quick enough for his physical to catch up

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I thought that was Wilson but he just cant process the mental side quick enough for his physical to catch up

Nor can he tackle for **** either.

He’s good for laying a hit every once and a while, but that seems to be about it.

Hopefully Phillips develops year 2 like Takitaki has.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Check out Jahad Woods. He’s another dude that flies but has cleaner reads/pacing. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I’m being honest I’ll probably just watch like 20 minutes of highlights come February and start taking a super condescending tone like I know wtf I’m talking about.

*Checks NFL Draft Thread*

You'll fit right in

• Like 1

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Needs to play WILL, but I like him.

I would definitely play him at SAM in a true 4-3. He can cover TE's, which is why he should be on the TE side. Plus it's easier to blitz your SAM as the 5th rusher. I'd much prefer him playing there rather than WILL, but he'll be good at either one. 

Won't matter. He won't be around when we pick I bet.

If the season ended right now, we’d pick 24th...? I’m looking at New Orleans picking 31st. If they see a QB they like slipping, swap 1sts, pick up their 4th and a 2022 2nd.

Also, Jevon Holland is a beast and would fix our safety problems day 1.

Edited by candyman93

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If the season ended right now, we’d pick 24th...? I’m looking at New Orleans picking 31st.

If they see a QB they like slipping, swap 1sts, pick up their 4th and a 2022 2nd.

I'd do that in no time. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap/2021/

They're also in salary cap Armageddon, so I'd see if maybe I could sucker them into trading a proven player that's young/good in return.