College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bleedtheclock also doesn’t think Devonta Smith is a top 5 pick. He places zero value on actually producing in college.

Lol he isn’t. You’re literally off your rocker if you think Devonta Smith is going top 5. 

7 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Slow and unproductive receivers don’t get drafted in the top 60. Plus this is another stacked WR class. I like Ronnie Bell better than Collins tbh. Bell catches everything and plays a lot bigger than he is. 

Reports say Collins will prolly run in the 4.5 range. For a WR who is potentially 6'4 220, thats pretty darn good.

Unproductive receiver, are you box score scouting here? Have you watched Michigan since Harbs has been there. Averaging close to 700yards and 7 TDs for back to back seasons is pretty productive for what he had to deal with and scheme to play in. He actually produced for a scheme/system that greatly struggled to have players produce. Gattis is a garbage OC. You had this stud big bodied WR and rarely used him right. Bell fit in that scheme better but Collins is a better pro prospect. Browns dont need 6ft WRs. They need to get the WRs who are bigger and allow Baker to take advantage of ball placements

1 hour ago, QBIso said:

In this draft, Collins is a UDFA

Lol, what??? Bruh, scouts know better, smart people know better....

26 minutes ago, QBIso said:

. I like Ronnie Bell better than Collins tbh. Bell catches everything and plays a lot bigger than he is. 

Please tell me you are joking....you mean the undersized, not fast, who dropped literally every critical pass in big games for them and YOU like him more???......Yikes...

Edited by MSURacerDT55

23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Lol, what??? Bruh, scouts know better....

Please tell me you are joking....you mean the undersized, not fast, who dropped literally every critical pass in big games for them and YOU like him more???......Yikes...

I think they’re both UDFAs. Warren Jackson is a better version of Nico Collins if we really want a slow possession WR. TJ Vasher is big and fast despite not having awesome hands. He’s another dude I would take before Collins. 

Id honestly rather get a physical fast WR. That seems like the best fit in our offense. A Rondale Moore type.

6 minutes ago, QBIso said:

I think they’re both UDFAs. Warren Jackson is a better version of Nico Collins if we really want a slow possession WR. TJ Vasher is big and fast despite not having awesome hands. He’s another dude I would take before Collins. 

Id honestly rather get a physical fast WR. That seems like the best fit in our offense. A Rondale Moore type.

It's time for your mock draft.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's time for your mock draft.

1st: Paris Ford SS Pittsburgh
2nd: Jaelan Phillips DE Miami
2nd: Jalen Twyman DT Pittsburgh
4th: Jahad Woods OLB Washington State
4th: Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State
5th: Paddy Fisher MLB Northwestern
6th: Chris Rumph DE/LB Duke
7th: Dez Fitzpatrick WR Louisville

Sign a starting CB (William Jackson III) in Free Agency. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I rarely advocate for this, but I’m cool with a trade down. I like the depth of this draft.

Would you guys be cool with it?

It's kinda a "well, that depends" for me. So far I've got about 20-25 tier 1 players (though I love the draft class as a whole) and unless we are shipping out OBJ, it could be a hard sell to grab a WR in the first. I'm an @Devonta_SmithTruthster at this point and believe he'll be long gone, but otherwise there are some sexy tier-1 WR that we really probably gotta pass on.

The same is true for first round tackles/OL; there could be a logjam of several OL available at our spot who are bpa but not a need, which is not what we want to see. 

I am hoping for our sake that my assertion that this will be the year of the first round QB in this coming draft. I can see around seven going, which would push down more talent.

This draft class appears to be incredibly deep at safety and edge, though lacking in clear blue chip talent. If we are picking so late in the first round and can get a shot at a potential blue chip guy, I don't want to position-chase something like edge and lose out on better talent I can see grabbing an end in the second or third and still get some good value this year.

So if a guy like Barmore, Farley, Smith, Paye etc. aren't available, I'm all for trading down. This draft looks like it has a nice value spot in the 3rd-5th rounds, so I'd like to get more of these picks.

36 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's kinda a "well, that depends" for me. So far I've got about 20-25 tier 1 players (though I love the draft class as a whole) and unless we are shipping out OBJ, it could be a hard sell to grab a WR in the first. I'm an @Devonta_SmithTruthster at this point and believe he'll be long gone, but otherwise there are some sexy tier-1 WR that we really probably gotta pass on.

The same is true for first round tackles/OL; there could be a logjam of several OL available at our spot who are bpa but not a need, which is not what we want to see. 

I am hoping for our sake that my assertion that this will be the year of the first round QB in this coming draft. I can see around seven going, which would push down more talent.

This draft class appears to be incredibly deep at safety and edge, though lacking in clear blue chip talent. If we are picking so late in the first round and can get a shot at a potential blue chip guy, I don't want to position-chase something like edge and lose out on better talent I can see grabbing an end in the second or third and still get some good value this year.

So if a guy like Barmore, Farley, Smith, Paye etc. aren't available, I'm all for trading down. This draft looks like it has a nice value spot in the 3rd-5th rounds, so I'd like to get more of these picks.

This is just hypothetical, but I’m thinking about a team like New Orleans.

If a QB they like slips to us. I’d gladly swap our 1st for their 1st, 4th, and a 2022 3rd. You get a solid mid round pick to just move down 6-7 spots.

3 hours ago, QBIso said:

think they’re both UDFAs. Warren Jackson is a better version of Nico Collins if we really want a slow possession WR. TJ Vasher is big and fast despite not having awesome hands. He’s another dude I would take before Collins. 

yet Collins avg close to 20yards a catch last year and Jackson was around 14yards a catch.

2 hours ago, QBIso said:

1st: Paris Ford SS Pittsburgh
2nd: Jaelan Phillips DE Miami
2nd: Jalen Twyman DT Pittsburgh
4th: Jahad Woods OLB Washington State
4th: Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State
5th: Paddy Fisher MLB Northwestern
6th: Chris Rumph DE/LB Duke
7th: Dez Fitzpatrick WR Louisville

Sign a starting CB (William Jackson III) in Free Agency. 

What happened to the R-3 picks?