College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I rarely advocate for this, but I’m cool with a trade down. I like the depth of this draft.

Would you guys be cool with it?

I would be cool with it if we were to get 2 2's from someone like Miami or Jax with multiple 2nd round picks.  I would also use our 2 3's to get back into the 2nd round.  And if we were to trade OBJ for a 2, that would give us 5 second round picks. (the hoodie's type of draft)

2      Patrick Jones DE Pitt

2     Rodarius Williams CB Ok ST.

2     Seth Willliams WR Aub

2     Nick Bolton ILB Mizzou

2     Darius Stills DT WVU

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

2 Iowa players that catch my attention. 

I’d like Alaric Jackson for OG. I’d also like Mekhi Sargent as a UDFA pickup.

Love Sargent and Jackson, but Jackson can’t play in our scheme. Way too heavy-footed. He’s gonna be good in a man scheme. 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

With Sargent, I like his vision and toughness. He’d fit in well as that 3rd or 4th stringer that plays special teams.

He’s got excellent short area quickness too. I think he is Clyde Edwards-Helaire as a runner. Nowhere near the receiving threat that CEH is tho. He struggles in that area. 

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If this team continues its trend of drafting LSU defensive players, the only guy I like is Jacoby Stevens. He’s got coverage skills, but they’ve let him play some LB.

I personally don’t like him and think he’s a tweener in a bad way, but he’s exactly the type of player that Joe Woods is gonna covet.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jabril Cox was a total flop for them this year.

He’s just a brutal run defender. He’s excellent at defending the pass, but just too bad against the run to warrant a selection in the first 4-5 rounds. 

9 minutes ago, QBIso said:

but he’s exactly the type of player that Joe Woods is gonna covet.

This is exactly what I think. The moment we signed Malcolm Smith and BJ Goodson, it was kinda clear what type of mold Joe Woods want.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

We have 9 picks for the 2021 draft. Now that we have a strong foundation with cornerstones, we can start doing trade downs like the Patriots. I’d love to try and have 11-12 picks total for the draft.

I’d also be down for trading for future picks as well.

Almost universally I’d rather have a pick a round higher next year than this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d also be down for trading for future picks as well.

Almost universally I’d rather have a pick a round higher next year than this year.

Agree.

If we could turn one of our 3 into a 2 that would be awesome. 

I want us to trade up from rounds 6 and 7 also.