College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

On 12/17/2020 at 9:23 PM, NateDawg said:

The catch ratio against Pete Werner was otherworldly last year. He gets split out wide quite often actually, they have a lot of trust in him for a linebacker in coverage. I’m not sure what he will run in the 40 time, but coverage is not something he struggles with, for a linebacker. If anything, it is more shedding blocks. 

Walter Football projects him as a 4.7 guy. I’d say that seems about right.

4.59 - 4.61,  book it 

6 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

We should find a way to draft Daviyon Nixon. The dude has crazy hand movement and pursuit for a DT. Add him and Carlos Basham and our D-line is complete. 

That basically was the formula for fixing the OL but with an FA and a pick and a trade, if you include Teller.

Fix the entire unit in one fell swoop in a way that makes an impact.

Daviyon Nixon

Daviyon Nixon is legit... Wrecked havoc in the backfield all year long. Great hand usage and ability to penetrate. An athlete that Iowa rarely gets at the position. His closing pursuit is what is really impressive and he's a violent finisher. Kiper just put him #10 on big board.

Iowa has a nice mix of draft prospects this year.

Chauncey Gholston is a nice mix to late rd DE developmental guy 

Ihmir Smith Marsette WR 

Brandon Smith WR 

Alaric Jackson OT 

Tyler Linderbaum OC- this guy is a maniac if looking for a Center. Next great Iowa Olinemen. Should be a 2nd rounder

Edited by Hawkeyejam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Daviyon Nixon

Daviyon Nixon is legit... Wrecked havoc in the backfield all year long. Great hand usage and ability to penetrate. An athlete that Iowa rarely gets at the position. His closing pursuit is what is really impressive and he's a violent finisher. Kiper just put him #10 on big board.

Iowa has a nice mix of draft prospects this year.

Chauncey Gholston is a nice mix to late rd DE developmental guy 

Ihmir Smith Marsette WR 

Brandon Smith WR 

Alaric Jackson OT 

Tyler Linderbaum OC- this guy is a maniac if looking for a Center. Next great Iowa Olinemen. Should be a 2nd rounder

Are you a Browns fan too? 

43 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Its nice because out offense is basically intact we can draft all defense if we want to. 

I'd love a more capable bback up qb than case. I'd get one in the 3rd round of it presents itself.

I don’t think this is the draft for a mid-round QB. There are usually 4-5 dudes I like in the mid rounds at QB. This year there is 1. Sam Ehlinger. But I will admit he’s a total wildcard and probably not going to pan out.

My favorite QB outside of R1 might be future undrafted free agent Kenny Pickett from Pitt. He’d be a great fit for our offensive system.