College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Looking at the roster. Just run it back with the entire offense next year, including OBJ. Even the backups. I think we are set at depth with the skill position players and offensive line.

Maybe draft a swing guard, but you can just sign somebody like that.

I would honestly look at trying to move OBJ. Just depends what really happens with his contract stuff. Offense looks so much better when Baker plays to find the open man instead of the plays designed for OBJ. 

woulsnt mind Dede Westbrook. He is suppose to be an UFA and he was pretty good with Baker in college. Draft one of the taller, big bodied WRs like the WR from Mich, TT, or Col St

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would honestly look at trying to move OBJ. Just depends what really happens with his contract stuff. Offense looks so much better when Baker plays to find the open man instead of the plays designed for OBJ. 

woulsnt mind Dede Westbrook. He is suppose to be an UFA and he was pretty good with Baker in college. Draft one of the taller, big bodied WRs like the WR from Mich, TT, or Col St

I’d try to move OBJ too, but I could see Stefanski, Berry, and Depo trying to make it work 1 more year.

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Odell's contract really isn't that bad if he's healthy next year. He'll be the 8th highest (and it's almost even with the 9th and 10th wide receivers) next season, and this is before the bevy of big free agent contracts and extensions. Realistically, his contract might be the 15th or so highest contract, maybe lower, in 2021. He'll also have a few risk-free years he's signed on for already. I don't hate the contract. It just depends if he is healthy and productive, which may be a bit of a question mark.

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I like Westbrook here as well. I remember when the talk was that it would take a second rounder to get him. Now it looks like a 3/$15 mil or so gets it done on the open market. I'm down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Odell's contract really isn't that bad if he's healthy next year. He'll be the 8th highest (and it's almost even with the 9th and 10th wide receivers) next season, and this is before the bevy of big free agent contracts and extensions. Realistically, his contract might be the 15th or so highest contract, maybe lower, in 2021. He'll also have a few risk-free years he's signed on for already. I don't hate the contract. It just depends if he is healthy and productive, which may be a bit of a question mark.

I like Westbrook here as well. I remember when the talk was that it would take a second rounder to get him. Now it looks like a 3/$15 mil or so gets it done on the open market. I'm down.

I don’t mean about the price of the contract. Just the dead money behind the deal if they try and move him. I love OBJ, one of my favorite players and I was over the moon when we got him and bought his Browns color rush jersey but it seems like he just doesn’t fit here

Man

If you don’t have an elite offense, you’ve got no chance on the big stage in college football. Notre Dame has a fantastic defense, but got boat raced. This is what the NFL wants. High scoring with high level QB play.

Also, running the ball is not dead. If anything it will be more encouraged in balance with passing.

Edited by candyman93

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

If for some reason he falls to our second round pick, I wouldn't even be mad.

no way in hell were drafting a RB in the 2nd rd. With the holes on defense, you woudnt mind drafting a 3rd string RB in the 2nd? c'mon man...

6 hours ago, #32 said:

Trey Sermon OSU 

WOW

Now he is a RB I wouldnt mind on the Browns. Dude has great ability but really hasnt put it together. Maybe yesterday was a sign of things. Feel like he could be had in the later rounds of the draft too