If Apke doesn’t improve next week... what to do @ FS?

turtle28

I would not panic just yet. I'm not super comfortable with Apke at FS, but he deserves the opportunity to prove himself. If he really poops the bed, then throw in Kam Curl? Why not?

EDIT: I didn't even think of it, but what about Kendall Fuller? He played FS extremely well when asked for the KC Chiefs. If Darby can play adequately enough, then we can ride with Moreau and Moreland at CB as well. That would be exciting.

Edited by A TRAIN 89

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I don't rearrange the secondary and misuse guys.  Play guys where they are best.  

Reaves should get a shot.

Fuller played great at FS when he played there for the Chiefs last year. Remember his int and near 2nd int in the Super Bowl?

Reaves is more SS than Free isn’t he? If it’s not Fuller, they probably turn to Curl like A Train said, they kept Curl on the active roster & not practice squad for a reason. I think they really like his potential.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I would not panic just yet. I'm not super comfortable with Apke at FS, but he deserves the opportunity to prove himself. If he really poops the bed, then throw in Kam Curl? Why not?

I tend to agree. I guess it depends on how the team progresses and Apke and what they think of Curl too. I know they like Curl.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

It was one freaking game.  And arguably one bad half cause he didn’t have issues in the 2nd half.  

Yes, but the question is what if he doesn’t improve? He was still late a few times in the second half but Wentz was rushed or got hit, that won’t happen all the time.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It was one freaking game.  And arguably one bad half cause he didn’t have issues in the 2nd half.  

I am wondering if they schemed to get him some help, or if Wentz really just shut down because he got hit so hard.  If I get a chance to rewatch the game, I am going to have to take a closer look.  

I definitely think you give some room to grow.  Just because we won one game, doesn't mean we are automatically competing for a division title.  Apke beat out Davis, and deserves a long leash to prove that he is up to the task.  

What's going to be worst-case scenario for us is if Darby and Apke need to be replaced.  I'd actually pull Darby before I pull Apke though.  We need to see what Apke has, if Darby blows it again next week, well, he is who the film says he is.  

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Fuller played great at FS when he played there for the Chiefs last year. Remember his int and near 2nd int in the Super Bowl?

Reaves is more SS than Free isn’t he? If it’s not Fuller, they probably turn to Curl like A Train said, they kept Curl on the active roster & not practice squad for a reason. I think they really like his potential.

Doesn't matter.  Moving 3 guys around is panicking. The changes you propose have a good chance of resulting in several problems instead of just one.  Think about it, has Fuller been practicing in training camp at FS?  etc.