2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wouldn’t be in my top 5 to be honest. I’d much rather a HC who’s been there and done well ideally from college. Obviously we won’t hear about the college coaches for obvious reasons so it would come as a surprise but man what I’d give to see....’Breaking; Jets hire David Shaw’.

• Like 1

So, Saleh does not impress you? He helped take a team with Jimmy Garoppolo as its starting QB to the Super Bowl! His defense is the best in the NFL in my opinion. They used a journeyman like Kerry Hyder instead of an all-pro like Nick Bosa and were still extremely effective. He lost DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas on the interior, but they were still able to stop the run many weeks. 

The blemish here is Josh Allen torched him this season, but is that enough to ignore the rest???

4 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So, Saleh does not impress you? He helped take a team with Jimmy Garoppolo as its starting QB to the Super Bowl! His defense is the best in the NFL in my opinion. They used a journeyman like Kerry Hyder instead of an all-pro like Nick Bosa and were still extremely effective. He lost DeForest Buckner and Solomon Thomas on the interior, but they were still able to stop the run many weeks. 

The blemish here is Josh Allen torched him this season, but is that enough to ignore the rest???

That defense is loaded with talent. I think Saleh is good. And I’m happy we interviewed him. But to think he made wine out water isn’t true. He just had very talented player play to there very talented levels.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That defense is loaded with talent. I think Saleh is good. And I’m happy we interviewed him. But to think he made wine out water isn’t true. He just had very talented player play to there very talented levels.

He didn't have loads of talent this year, which is why I think he cemented his candidacy this year as opposed to last year.

9 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I have not said he doesn’t impress me but he doesn’t have the body of work I want from our new head coach. That doesn’t mean he can’t coach defense. He could go on to be a great head coach but I look at someone like Todd Bowles who’s a terrific DC but couldn’t then make it here in NY as a HC. 

That’s why I want a David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley type. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

I have not said he doesn’t impress me but he doesn’t have the body of work I want from our new head coach. That doesn’t mean he can’t coach defense. He could go on to be a great head coach but I look at someone like Todd Bowles who’s a terrific DC but couldn’t then make it here in NY as a HC. 

That’s why I want a David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley type. Just my opinion. 

OK, let's agree to disagree then. I am not high on college coaches. 

Cowboys clean up defensive coaching staff.  It looks like the defense may return to 4-3.  Kris Richard could come back there.

It may be an issue for Saleh if he accepts HC.

Gus Bradley may end up a Raiders DC.  Richard a Cowboys DC.  Who next?