2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Campbell might be the one guy we all agree on. So if we get him, this would be amazing. I'm still not getting my hopes up though. 

For some reason, Aaron Glenn is starting to feel like the NFL version of Steve Kerr type of hire. Played for and still being mentored by Parcells and coached with Sean Payton for years now. He may not be the guy, but he's really interesting if he has learned enough from coaching against/with Sean Payton and Parcells. Not a lot of position coaches outside of the QB are getting this type of attention. 

I like Saleh because he did more with less than all the other candidates and he carries the type of energy that impacts the defense. If he knows offense and the type of OC he need, he would be a great coach. His defense is full of guys no one wanted and still coached one of the best defenses again. He's really growing on me. He also probably learned a lot about offense coaching with Shan and going against his offense every week at practice. 

Shaw & Campbell are still my top-2, but I still like a lot of these options and can make a case for almost all of them. 

Edited by rickyt31

44 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Campbell might be the one guy we all agree on. So if we get him, this would be amazing. I'm still not getting my hopes up though. 

For some reason, Aaron Glenn is starting to feel like the NFL version of Steve Kerr type of hire. Played for and still being mentored by Parcells and coached with Sean Payton for years now. He may not be the guy, but he's really interesting if he has learned enough from coaching against/with Sean Payton and Parcells. Not a lot of position coaches outside of the QB are getting this type of attention. 

I like Saleh because he did more with less than all the other candidates and he carries the type of energy that impacts the defense. If he knows offense and the type of OC he need, he would be a great coach. His defense is full of guys no one wanted and still coached one of the best defenses again. He's really growing on me. He also probably learned a lot about offense coaching with Shan and going against his offense every week at practice. 

Shaw & Campbell are still my top-2, but I still like a lot of these options and can make a case for almost all of them. 

I agree about Saleh.  If my top targets Campbell or Daboll aren't there I'd be happy with Saleh.  Seems like the kind of coach we could use here.  I just hope he can develop an offense because we really a person to develop an offensive identity here.

I kind of want Daboll only because our HC and GM tandem would be like the Legion of Doom.

Edited by Rockice_8

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

I agree about Saleh.  If my top targets Campbell or Daboll aren't there I'd be happy with Saleh.  Seems like the kind of coach we could use here.  I just hope he can develop an offense because we really a person to develop an offensive identity here.

I kind of want Daboll only because our HC and GM tandem would be like the Legion of Doom.

I'm starting to feel like the good defensive coaches are the ones who coached teams with good offenses or played on teams with them. They seem to get a better understanding of a good offense. Vrabel practiced against Brady/BB's offense for years and practiced against Watson/Hopkins every week with the Texans. So he may know exactly what he want or have a good understanding of the offense. McDermott practiced against a Panthers offense that made it to the SB, but he also had to plan for the Saints & Falcons offense for years. I can pretty much go down the list. He fits that because he has practiced against Shan's offense for years now, but also know how to adapt to what the Rams and Seahawks like to do on offense. If he learned from it, he's going to be a home run hire. 

Shaw and Campbell would be great hires. They’re the kind of coaches I want and are proving to be quality Head Coaches.

Of the guys who haven’t had HC experience, I have to say Aaron Glenn is starting to shoot up the list for me. He wasn’t on my radar at all. But he’s the kind of coach I want. The biggest issue he has is being able to build a good coaching staff. It’ll take a full court press to build a good staff. Saleh is another guy i like. There are good options out there. Hoping JD gets his guy.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

If anyone checked out my mock I had Campbell as my #1 choice and Daboll as my #2. 

Campbell is a culture building coach. That's what we need right now more than anything.  

giphy.gif

Just kidding.   There is no one in the world that doesn't want Campbell .

Edited by JetsandI