2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

I saw a sports broadcaster recently who said that the rest of the league has a great respect for Joe Douglas.

That Joe Douglas is great at evaluating talent, and pointed to the draft where at least 75% the 2020 draft class has had an impact on the Jets team.

Going forward if he can duplicate the same with the draft capital the Jets currently posses in a very short time the Jets will be contenders again.

Which brings me to the hiring of the coach, Douglas perhaps was tutored by one of the greatest talent evaluators in NFL history in Ozzy Newsome.

I believe in Joe, if Jets ownership (herein lys the rub) allows him to make the hire I have full confidence the Jets will have their man.

The nightmare that has been Idzik, and MacCagnan's reign of ineptitude will have ended.

There is a saying "Its a new day" Joe Douglas began that process last year, and I believe it will continue.

Has anyone seen any news of Wink Martindale getting an interview anywhere? It doesn't look like a single team has put in a request. There's still a good chance we interview him because we didn't know about 2 interviews until after they happened but it seems odd that he's not a sought after option. 

Edited by mattmanz91

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

For me it is joe Brady 

when you do this you must add a vet former HC to be his DC guys like 

Marvin Lewis 

Wade Phillips 

Romeo C

Dom Capers

Mike Nolan 

I like Marvin Lewis of this group. 

This is a terrible idea - did you see how bad Mike Nolan was this year? These guys are past their prime

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This is a terrible idea - did you see how bad Mike Nolan was this year? These guys are past their prime

I like Brady too. I just can’t see the Jets going the young OC to HC and vet DC again. After all that’s what Gase and Williams were.

So while I think the situation wouldn’t go the same. It is similar 

18 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

This could be bad for us. I want nothing to do with Pederson. 

Pederson is not a bad HC. He is a couple of years removed from SB championship. Philly’s issues lie more with a stagnant GM who gave large contracts to aging players. He also seems to have some loyalty to his players and does what he can to retain them even if he shouldn’t.

Nobody could have foreseen Wentz’s demise this year. That was a death blow.

While I would not really want Pederson as our HC, we could do worse. 

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

Pederson is not a bad HC. He is a couple of years removed from SB championship. Philly’s issues lie more with a stagnant GM who gave large contracts to aging players. He also seems to have some loyalty to his players and does what he can to retain them even if he shouldn’t.

Nobody could have foreseen Wentz’s demise this year. That was a death blow.

While I would not really want Pederson as our HC, we could do worse. 

I just want JD to take a chance, a calculated chance but I want a shot at someone who could be great, not another retread. 

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

I just want JD to take a chance, a calculated chance but I want a shot at someone who could be great, not another retread. 

Agreed. I was just pointing out that Philly’s issues are not all on Pederson. Although, he does need to answer for removing Hurts from the game.